DREW/UCLA anyone interviewed or got in yet/

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rjb

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i havent seen much on drew and its my top choice... wondering if anyone has interviewed or gotten in and can help with interview background. im reading the interview feedback but wanted some fresh news.

thanks

bb

Members don't see this ad.

rjb said:
hey guys, i havent seen much on drew and its my top choice... wondering if anyone has interviewed or gotten in and can help with interview background. im reading the interview feedback but wanted some fresh news.

thanks

bb

I interview on the 14th of January. If you interview after that, I will keep you updated.

just out of curiosity, what to you drew hopefuls make of the la times series recently? did it affect your decision to apply, interview? does it freak you out?

Members don't see this ad :)
opinionkitten said:
just out of curiosity, what to you drew hopefuls make of the la times series recently? did it affect your decision to apply, interview? does it freak you out?

I read the story, and I still applied. It seems that L.A. Times is very focused on reporting problems about Drew, but not too many positive things. If anything, I want to see it for myself to decide whether its worthy or not.

i just interviewed on the 14th! it went really well, i did read the la times stuff but once you see the hospital you know that theyre really taking the bad stuff and putting it in a v. negative context. it would really take a lot to close that place down, theres a lot of people that depend on it. it looks like a hell of a lot of politics is going on behind the scenes...its not even so much about the healthcare at the hospital. i had a great experience there, i interviewed with dr.aguilera and he was awesome...its my top choice too but theyre so very picky with their acceptances...you really have to be committed to the mission, and have the background to prove it because everyone there lives/eats/dreams it...and as well they should, they have a very important and complex community to cater to. i loved it and i should be so extremely lucky to attend...looks like ill be waiting a good while though! wanda hall said 6-8 weeks at the very least..and no guarantees...if you do a search on the craziness that was going on last application process and it seems like very few people hear back within that timeframe..but ill wait as long as they take! :p