Drexel DPMS 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind a call from DPMS even if it was an April Fools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Jokes aside, looking at the 2008 DPMS thread, it appears that most people got their interview invites on April 16th and 23rd. We may be in for another excruciating 2 weeks of waiting.

Last edited:
Did they inform you via email or phone call? All the best.

Last edited:

Last edited:
^ sorry to hear about the rejection. Do you mind sharing what your gpa was? i am worried my gpa is going to get me rejected!

Last edited:
Based on posts in previous years, it appears that the vast majority of students do not exceed the MCAT requirement required at the end of the program when they apply; however, if you look on the website, there is a separate track for those that do. This would imply that some of their students do exceed this requirement.

Last edited:
did anyone hear back via email that their application is complete? thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone hear back via email that their application is complete? thanks

Hey guys,

I got an e-mail on Saturday from Drexel. I was invited for an interview. Hopefully you all will be receiving similar news soon. Please be sure to check your e-mails regularly and post when you hear something. Best wishes!

Congrats! What is the date of the interview? Do you mind also sharing your stats and/or what you think you did to impress them? Also, did they send the email individually or a mass email to many people? Thanks.

Congrats! What is the date of the interview? Do you mind also sharing your stats and/or what you think you did to impress them? Also, did they send the email individually or a mass email to many people? Thanks.

Hey,

Thanks! I was given three dates to choose from: April 9th, 27th, or 28th. I scored a 20Q on the MCAT, 8 in bio sci, 6 in phys sci, and 6 in vr. I am currently in undergrad, with a 3.54overall GPA, and a 3.48 sci GPA. I don't know what impressed them..it was completely God. I did work very hard on my app and tried to make it as unique and personable as possible. The e-mail I received was not a mass e-mail, but hopefully they will be sending out more invites in a different batch. I hope this helps, and I'm rooting for all of us.

^ Congratulations! thanks for posting your stats. do you mind sharing if you are URM?

Hey guys,

I got an e-mail on Saturday from Drexel. I was invited for an interview. Hopefully you all will be receiving similar news soon. Please be sure to check your e-mails regularly and post when you hear something. Best wishes!

Congrats pynk!! That's so exciting....:)

I take its too late to apply to this?

anybody hear apply to siu medprep?

^ Congratulations! thanks for posting your stats. do you mind sharing if you are URM?

Thanks for the congrats guys!! You're welcome for the stats..hopefully they were helpful to someone. I am a URM...I'm African-American.

Thought I share my Rejection. 3.3/30N (Engineering), CA Resident, non-URM.
Rather upset for not getting an interview.

I had a 3.6+ gpa, 23 MCAT, non-URM (but disadvantaged in almost every other way) and a non-resident :(

btw, they recommended me to apply to the MSP program. Any thoughts on this program?

Hi esesc and global trader, I'm sorry to hear about your rejections. :(

Do you mind sharing how they informed you?

btw, they recommended me to apply to the MSP program. Any thoughts on this program?

Hi escesc-I think it is for people with stronger stats, you should apply, it couldn't hurt you...you're GPA is not bad at all, why don't you re-take your MCATs?

Hi escesc-I think it is for people with stronger stats, you should apply, it couldn't hurt you...you're GPA is not bad at all, why don't you re-take your MCATs?

I agree with nlach. If your sci GPA is comparative all you need is a decent MCAT.

Have you ever considered osteopathic? Avg entering class for DO is 3.3/25.

Just got an email saying that they will start making decisions regarding acceptances during the first couple of weeks of May.

Thanks for the congrats guys!! You're welcome for the stats..hopefully they were helpful to someone. I am a URM...I'm African-American.

Congrats on your interview! I hope you blow them out of the water. I have a question regarding the application fee. Did you noticed how long it took them between depositing your application fee- that is ofcourse, if you gave them a personal check instead of a cashier's check, money order, etc- and the time you got the interview email? Although I have not being rejected, my application has been completed for quite a while now and they still have not deposited the application fee. Thanks for reading this post, and congrats once again.

Thanks! I withdrew the application fee from my checking account and mailed in a money order. I wonder why they haven't cashed your check yet. Hopefully they do soon..Have you tried calling?

Congrats on your interview! I hope you blow them out of the water. I have a question regarding the application fee. Did you noticed how long it took them between depositing your application fee- that is ofcourse, if you gave them a personal check instead of a cashier's check, money order, etc- and the time you got the interview email? Although I have not being rejected, my application has been completed for quite a while now and they still have not deposited the application fee. Thanks for reading this post, and congrats once again.

I'm a current DPMS student if you have any questions please let me know. If you score above a 27 on the mcat you will not get into the program. they have a range for the GPA they require.

Woohoo! I saw the email went out to six other people besides myself. Congratulations to all of you! Anyone from South Florida?

To communitymd...How does the program works in the summer? Do they offer a meal package or did you have to paid for everything yourself? Also, what if you get your AAMC application in before you enter the program, can you still apply to other med schools while you are in it, albeit it sounds sort of dickish to do so? Do they have a checking system that completely negates one's application? Thanks for taking your time to read this post.

I think that it would be wise to apply to medical schools before you get accepted to DPMS.
Especially since apps are opening up...

Dear DPMS hopefuls,

I was recently at an interview for DPMS and we were told that acceptance notices would go out in 2 batches... would anyone have any more info in regards? Like when will batch 1 go out, etc.

Thanks for your answers in advance.

hey fishpaste! how did your interview go? I have mine on may 7th... do u mind sharing a little more about ur experience?

hey fishpaste! how did your interview go? I have mine on may 7th... do u mind sharing a little more about ur experience?

it was very conversational and laid back. The bulk of the day was taken by orientation and lunch with past DPMSers, which you know was fly as hell. Wishing everyone the best and remember to eat your fish (full of omega-3 FAs):eek:

it was very conversational and laid back. The bulk of the day was taken by orientation and lunch with past DPMSers, which you know was fly as hell. Wishing everyone the best and remember to eat your fish (full of omega-3 FAs):eek:

Anyon else recieve an IMS/MSP invite after their DPMS invite? Although they are superb programs, hoping my app isnt being deferred from DPMS to IMS/MSP.

Anyon else recieve an IMS/MSP invite after their DPMS invite? Although they are superb programs, hoping my app isnt being deferred from DPMS to IMS/MSP.

Hey man there were a couple of people from past threads who recieved IMS/MSP invites and were both accepted to DPMS so I wouldnt worry about it much.

If anyone can add anything please do.

To Samilu,

I have not decide between the 11 or the 14th. Tickets are sort of expensive right now...

For those like me wondering about when to expect decisions, I just spoke to Dr. Walker and was told to expect to hear something in late May to early June.

So it looks like more waiting....yay

For those like me wondering about when to expect decisions, I just spoke to Dr. Walker and was told to expect to hear something in late May to early June.

So it looks like more waiting....yay

...thanks Max and Aliziry!

Hey man there were a couple of people from past threads who recieved IMS/MSP invites and were both accepted to DPMS so I wouldnt worry about it much.

If anyone can add anything please do.

Max, thanks again. I called and they confirmed that this invite had nothing to do with my DPMS interview. Thanks :D

Hey people... Can someone who had the interview already tell me about what time it was over?? Please!! Thanks!!

Hi all, I just got an email today to interview on May 11th and i'm really excited and nervous. Prior to today I got an email saying that my application was competitive but I still needed a recommendation from a professor. I've been out of college for 5 yrs and went to CCP for organic, but have not been able to get in touch with the professor for a recommendation. I'm not sure what to do. There really is no other way to get an academic recommendation other than this guy. I've called and emailed him to no avail. Any ideas of what I can do? I was suprised to see that I got an invite to interview without having the recommendation in. I also was accepted into Ross University in Dominica for the Sept 09 class and I guess thats my back up plan, but I would really like to get into this program so I don't have to become the dreaded FMG/IMG. I just wanted to gage my chances of getting in and was wondering if ppl could give there stats.. mine are 3.7GPA, 20M mcat, 5 yrs experience working in mental health both in a psych hospital and a community mental health center. Sorry about the long post it's my first one.

^ have you tried contacting other professors? Are you considered URM?