Drexel DPMS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Officially received a Rejection. It’s been a good run. Good Luck to all everyone. Wish ya’ll the best!

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y'all! I'm sorry that I've been gone, and I'm here again.

I know this process was long and hard for the majority of you. I want to say one thing to y'all who were not accepted.

Keep Going!

The outcome of this process in no shape or form is NOT an indicator of your worth or your ability. Please read this sentence again.

Not being a part of this stings and hurts and sucks. Please recognize your feelings and thoughts, feel it truly, and then use it to grow exponentially. I hope that this will give you a little pause to be able to fully reflect on this whole process so that you can start making a plan on how to make the next time the only time left. I know for a fact that being a doctor is your dream and motivation, and you will be one as long as you keep going. The way I see things is that God doesn't do things by halves, and that He will only place things on your path when you are ready. So think on that for a moment please. I truly wish that once you finish reflecting that you come back hungrier and stronger because if this dream is your dream, no one can take that way at the end of the day. Remember your Why, keep it close to your heart, and let it light your path.

I really want to commend everyone who tried for going after their dreams by applying to DPMS. I know how it is. It takes a lot of effort, time, and guts to go through this grueling process. You should all be very proud because of this fact. Please recognize the effort that you put in as a good thing. During this time, I had the privilege and opportunity to meet some of y'all during the interview process, and I could instantly tell that this year was full of amazing individuals who are so hungry to become a doctor and help out. I could also tell how much every single one of you wanted this. It's admirable, and seeing this community here is one light to all of the crazy.

Message me when you have questions.

• Love
Thinking of applying next year or cycle after, can anyone share stats to help me gauge my chances? Super stressed

The DPMS 2021-22 thread hasn't began yet so I'm posting on here. Still working on my 2021 AMCAS/AACOMAS application but with the way my MCAT practice exams are going, I'm planning ahead for this program. Let's hope I can at least hit a 500 and be eligible for it. Either way, I'm glad this program is here to give us disadvantaged students another chance!

Reactions: 3 users
hii, I am a prospective student looking to apply this fall. anyone who has been accepted and is willing to talk to me about the process please message me. I would appreciate it so much. navigating this journey on my own and finding as many resources as possible to help guide me!

When does a new thread generally start? I’m interested in applying this next cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
When does a new thread generally start? I’m interested in applying this next cycle.

current DPMSer. I don’t know when threads usually begin or when the application opens, but you could always start the new thread to kick off the conversation

hii, I am a prospective student looking to apply this fall. anyone who has been accepted and is willing to talk to me about the process please message me. I would appreciate it so much. navigating this journey on my own and finding as many resources as possible to help guide me!
Hi! Feel free to message me. I’m happy to try to help

Hi! Feel free to message me. I’m happy to try to help
Hi. I’m interested in DPMS for next summer/fall 2021. I wanted to ask if the mcat score is a definite to get accepted. I heard that there is an mcat track for those who didn’t hit the score and will have to hit that score to get into the medical school.

Hi. I’m interested in DPMS for next summer/fall 2021. I wanted to ask if the mcat score is a definite to get accepted. I heard that there is an mcat track for those who didn’t hit the score and will have to hit that score to get into the medical school.

when you say get accepted, do you mean to DPMS? You can get accepted to DPMS with an MCAT score less than 499, and be placed in Track 1 where you will take mcat prep classes along with the core curriculum then retest in January. From there you have 2 chances to make the 499. If you apply to the program with an mcat score that already meets the MCAT requirement, you’ll take classes in Neurobio, Neuroanatomy, and Immunology instead of the mcat prep classes.

when you say get accepted, do you mean to DPMS? You can get accepted to DPMS with an MCAT score less than 499, and be placed in Track 1 where you will take mcat prep classes along with the core curriculum then retest in January. From there you have 2 chances to make the 499. If you apply to the program with an mcat score that already meets the MCAT requirement, you’ll take classes in Neurobio, Neuroanatomy, and Immunology instead of the mcat prep classes.
Yes, to get into DPMS. My apologies for that not being super clear, but thank you for the response. I am really interested in the program and that alleviates some stress.

Yes, to get into DPMS. My apologies for that not being super clear, but thank you for the response. I am really interested in the program and that alleviates some stress.

good luck! The application process can feel very long since it’s not rolling admissions, but it’s well worth the wait in the end. Let me know if you have other questions

Hi, y'all Sdn newbie here and just spent the last 2 hrs reading this thread from last year. Just seeing how helpful some of the alumni are makes me so eager to apply here. I also made a new thread for the upcoming year to keep the conversation going!

Hey guys! I sent this to a past DPMS-er and was curious if I could get a response on here too. I'll paste my message below. I'm just unsure of how to write the description part of the Professional Experience section. Is it supposed to be like a Likedin style description or a storylike description like how you did the activities section on your AMCAS. Thanks!

1610904829586.png

Good luck to everyone applying! I was accepted to one of their alternate programs we were required to apply to (biomedical studies) but I am REALLY hoping for DPMS! I’ll be Track 1 if accepted!
Hi! Did you end up doing biomedical sciences or did you get into DPMS?

Hey guys! I know the application deadline is 4/30. Is it too late for me to apply/do you guys think i have a chance?
My stats: gpa: 3.081 and MCAT: 494.

Hey guys! I know the application deadline is 4/30. Is it too late for me to apply/do you guys think i have a chance?
My stats: gpa: 3.081 and MCAT: 494.
Never too late. Last year I applied literally on the last day and got waitlisted!! Always take a chance and never count yourself short. Good luck.

Never too late. Last year I applied literally on the last day and got waitlisted!! Always take a chance and never count yourself short. Good luck.
Hi! I also applied on the last day - was wondering if you got off the waitlist?