Drexel Dpms

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moto_za

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I tried searching for the answer but no luck! So if I complete the DPMS program do you have to re-take those classes at drexel or other schools assuming you get in to med school? Also would this program be good for someone who has a high gpa but low mcat score?

Members don't see this ad.

you can opt out of microanatomy if you pass the final at the end of the year. You can also opt out of nutrition.

Members don't see this ad :)
and I think that's only if you get into drexel med if i'm not mistaken. but you should definitely check with adcoms because I'm sure each school has a different policy.

Sounds good thank a lot for the response! Any thoughts about the program helping with the MCAT?

MCAT prep is part of the program. If you have the 8,8,8 you can opt to take the immunology course. Past student told me its better to just retake the class (if you get into Drexel). 1. you will do a lot better the second time 2. you dont want 2 years to pass before you see the material again.

Also DPMS, is geared towards you going to Drexel if you complete the program. You dont take the MCAT until March/April, so if you did decide to apply to other schools you would be doing it after you finish the program. Unless you already have a good MCAT, which in that case, why not just consider the Drexel IMS program.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the response! Yea my grades are good, just MCAT holding me back...thought it would be good/helpful to complete the DPMS program if I get in so that I am actually taking med school courses and getting better prepared for the MCAT.