1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

**DREXEL** housing/roommate search

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by chipmunk73, Apr 9, 2007.

1. chipmunk73

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Anyone going to Drexel next fall knows how the housing situation is? Are there on-campus housing? I heard that there isnt' any on-campus housing but there are plenty of apartments right next to campus. If that's the case...how do we find roommates? I certainly hope they send us more information about housing. I want to start looking. If anyone knows anything then please post it here.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. FFwannabeMD

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I was just up there for the March orientation. There's no designated housing or housing that Drexel endorses. There are plenty of places right around the school, but it seems to be a matter of striking at the right time (after the grads move out and before the n00bs). I went to 4wallsinphilly.com, printed out a list of surrounding complexes and went up on a Friday with my parents to scope places out. You definitely are going to want to see places in person. Most of Friday was spent crossing places off the list... Also, you're going to want to take into consideration how safe you're going to feel getting to/getting from/residing in a place. Most of the Drexel students highly recommended having your own car, saying that public transportation in East Falls is not very efficient. So then parking becomes an issue as well.

I also heard Craigslist was the place to go, but I haven't hit that up yet.

4. Ginsengsul

Ginsengsul New Member
    10+ Year Member

a

#3 Ginsengsul, Apr 16, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  5. Bernie3144

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I am also looking for 1-3 roommates. I'm 23, male and I live around the block from the med school (5 min walk). A few people have inquired about the apartment already, but if that falls through, there is still a chance I may need others.

It is 3-5 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, about 1500 square feet. Tons of book space.

There is a small bedroom that I am fixing a price of $175/month for anybody that does not mind lofting their bed.

Message me if you're interested!

6. MDInvestor

MDInvestor Tech/Finance/Med Lover
    5+ Year Member