Drexel Interveiw

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by stercel2007, Oct 26, 2002.

1. stercel2007

stercel2007 Member

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the cheap places to stay around Drexel med school. Also, I was wondering what is there to do around there. Is there a shopping district? Museams? Is it easy to get around to a more touristy spot? A friend of mine might want to come for the ride and I wanted to maker sure that she will be kept busy during the day of the interview.

thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pickles

pickles Member

Drexel med is about 30 minutes from center city philadelphia (where the action is). There is a shuttle that runs on the hour from center city to drexel med. If your friend is looking for something to do he/she could easily take it in to center city. As for hotels...your best bet might be to stay in center city because they have tons of hotels and in 30 min you can be at the med school. Hope this helps....

4. WISC-ite

WISC-ite Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Just curious, what do you want to spend? Drexel has a nice bed n breakfast near school that they recommend to interviewers, it is cheap and nice ($45 a day I think). However, if you want to SEE philly, then you probably want to stay downtown.

The Sheraton on Rittenhouse is the nicest hotel for your money in "nice-Philly." It is about 90 bones a night though. There is are hotels up the wazoo in downtown philly. Just PM me with where you are looking and I will tell you what the area is like. Best o luck on the interview.