drexel interview invite?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dcarinci

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i saw the link on my status page to schedule an interview, so i went right ahead and snagged a spot. This was at least a week ago, yet I still have not received an official invite of some sort (i dont know if it comes through snail mail or email or what). And now my interview is coming up very soon and I don't have any information since I still haven't been officially invited. Has this happened to anyone else? how long was it after you saw the link on your status page that you got the official invite? was it through email or snail mail? if i don't receive anything i'm just going to call the school tomorrow to get the details for the interview.

Members don't see this ad.

interesting.. *checking drexel status now*

WTF???

same thing happened to me... lol

I scheduled one, but I already got in somewhere else and don't care... just wanna see what'll happen. My experience with drexel is that everyone in the admissions office is nasty.

I think its just a screw-up on their part... I'll call tomorrow.

But their website let us schedule interviews... they have to honor that now.

Members don't see this ad :)
if the link was there, its an invite. just call admissions if you are unsure and want to confirm the interview date.

interesting.. *checking drexel status now*

WTF???

same thing happened to me... lol

I scheduled April 16 because I already got in somewhere else and don't care... just wanna see what'll happen. My experience with drexel is that everyone in the admissions office is nasty.

There's about maybe 5 people working with applications in there and dealing with over 11,000 applications this year, most of who want to get into med school... I'd probably get cranky too :thumbup:

Here's the thing with Drexel... They're not going to tell you your status, and remember that is the only question they get asked all day. The most you will ever get out of them is if your letter was sent or if you went to committee.

If you get an interview invite, they send these announcements out in bunches so you could get an interview link without notification. They give you a link to go to for info... this is the only info you will really get as far as general information. Here's a little of it:

"Interviews are conducted daily. Your day will begin with a general orientation session at 9:00 a.m. Upon
arriving at the College of Medicine, 2900 Queen Lane, check in at the security desk. Next, report to the Office of Student Affairs, room 114B, where a representative from the Admissions Office will greet you. More detailed information about your day's schedule will be provided when you arrive. If you are driving to campus, park in our Visitors' Lot. There is a $5 charge for parking. Please plan for the interview day to last until approximately 3:00 p.m."

I scheduled my interview 2 days after being able to schedule it when getting the email and then went to this info page. That is really all you need. Calling to confirm is not a bad idea but if you put your name on the schedule, they will just print out the people who are interviewing that morning for you to sign in and expect you to be there.

LOL. Here's my automated email-interview confirmation, complete with typos galore:

"We look forward to welcoming you to Drexel University College
ofMedicine on [date]. We have tried to provide you with all
youneed to know about our campus, getting here, and staying in
Philadelphia. However, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate
to contact me.I look forward to introducing you to our wonderful
students, faculty,and facility. We are truly a medical school of great
tradition andunique opportunities. While you are here, I also hope you
take sometime to visit Philadelphia and all it has to offer.I look
forward to meeting you.Best wishes,Lisa CifelliDirector of Admissions"

I was very glad to receive that invite. And yes, the interview schedule link does mean that you are actually being offered an interview. Congratulations. :)

does the schedule interview link appear after or before you click the "to view your decision click here" link?

it's before that link, and I too just found the interview invite on my status page, I find it rather ridiculous that they don't send at least an email to let us know. I'm wondering how long the link has been up. Oh well.

it's before that link, and I too just found the interview invite on my status page, I find it rather ridiculous that they don't send at least an email to let us know. I'm wondering how long the link has been up. Oh well.

really? i got an email to let me know i was invited for an interview (complete 12/05/06, invite 02/07/07)... but maybe the link was there for awhile before they emailed me? haha. i dont know. maybe they are trying a new strategy since they have so many applications and it is now march. invite all of your highly ranked applicants for an interview via the status page, and the people who do not want to go to drexel will not be checking their status... so only people who want to come will sign up! ... congrats either way!:)

I called today and they said its official. The guy (who, as predicted, was rude), said that an official email would be going out today. Sure enough, I got it.

Gotta stick up for Drexel a bit here. I had my interview there today and loved it. The admissions staff I spoke to were actually some of the nicest I've come across (this was my 6th interview) and the secretary in particular was a very sweet woman. I was also very impressed with the school in general and right now it's right up at the top of my preferences.

In any case, one question I forgot to ask (and I know I'm an idiot for not asking this) is how long it usually takes to hear back post-interview. If anyone knows the answer to this (approximately) I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Gotta stick up for Drexel a bit here. I had my interview there today and loved it. The admissions staff I spoke to were actually some of the nicest I've come across (this was my 6th interview) and the secretary in particular was a very sweet woman. I was also very impressed with the school in general and right now it's right up at the top of my preferences.

In any case, one question I forgot to ask (and I know I'm an idiot for not asking this) is how long it usually takes to hear back post-interview. If anyone knows the answer to this (approximately) I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Here's your range for hearing back:

My roommate and I both interviewed on the same day. My letter was dated 2 weeks after my interview and was received 3 weeks post-interview... my roomie did not receive his letter until about 12 weeks post-interview.

Don't hold your breath but be happy if you hear back sooner than 12 weeks.

Hang in there!

when do they stop interviewing?

They usually make a decision within 6-8 weeks, but it may take a few weeks longer to actually receive it for some reason. I received my letter at exactly 6 weeks.