Drexel interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saturnine

Boy #16 dead, 22 to go
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else get a snail mail interview? It came yesterday. :thumbup: I thought it was the notice to inform me I'm complete. Tigress, did you hear anything?

Members don't see this ad.

Saturnine said:
Anyone else get a snail mail interview? It came yesterday. :thumbup: I thought it was the notice to inform me I'm complete. Tigress, did you hear anything?

By the way, if it's of any help, I mailed my secondary on 8/12.

Nope, I haven't heard yet :). I'm hopeful for this week, though. On the interview thread there is 1 other person with a Drexel interview, but I forget who.

Did you get the complete postcard first, or the invite?

congrats :)

Members don't see this ad :)
tigress said:
Nope, I haven't heard yet :). I'm hopeful for this week, though. On the interview thread there is 1 other person with a Drexel interview, but I forget who.

Did you get the complete postcard first, or the invite?

congrats :)

I got the invite without any notice of being complete.

i just got my complete postcard a couple days ago....hopefully an interview will follow soon

yeah same here... got the complete card recently.. no interview yet. staying hopeful... i want ONE interview, god damn it! :)

How long did you guys submit and then get the complete card back. I submitted two weeks ago and didnt get anything, cant even check if they cashed a check since it was MO. Any ideas about the lag period?

i sent mine in w/ a MO from the post office on 8/11, i got the card late last week....so i guess about 2 weeks lag time

lol, mine was hand delivered on 8/12 and my husband watched them open it, and I haven't received a card that I'm complete. Should I call tomorrow and make sure they have everything? I'm complete everywhere else (except Pitt, of course; they don't seem to want to send me a secondary :p)

Saturnine said:

hey saturnine- i got a drexel interview also, but i haven't scheduled it yet. very exciting, maybe i'll see you there! :D

allisonbk said:
hey saturnine- i got a drexel interview also, but i haven't scheduled it yet. very exciting, maybe i'll see you there! :D

allisonbk, when did you send your secondary in?

Anybody think I should or should not call tomorrow? I don't want to bug them, but I"m really curious if they have all my stuff. I hope giving it to them in a non-traditional way didn't mess up their system! My husband saw them open it, so I thought it was okay, but...

Members don't see this ad :)
Doko said:
allisonbk, when did you send your secondary in?

I sent it in around aug. 9th, and then I got the "complete" card on the 17th.

tigress said:
Anybody think I should or should not call tomorrow? I don't want to bug them, but I"m really curious if they have all my stuff. I hope giving it to them in a non-traditional way didn't mess up their system! My husband saw them open it, so I thought it was okay, but...

I think you should call. Better to make sure that everything is ok.

I called, but they actually want people to email them regarding application status. So I emailed them. I hope they actually check that email and respond to it :p

tigress said:
I called, but they actually want people to email them regarding application status. So I emailed them. I hope they actually check that email and respond to it :p

what's the email address they want to receive inquires at? I better email them too!

it is hard to get an interview if you haven't gotten the secondary yet...... how frustrating!

Just in case anyone was curious. Drexel starts interviewing Sept. 19th

rayzer said:
Just in case anyone was curious. Drexel starts interviewing Sept. 19th

Good to know. In reading the letter, I noticed they didn't specify a date (or set of dates) and left it as "pick a date convenient with your schedule" or something like that. Being the typical paranoid medical school applicant, and knowing that some schools interview as early as 9/1, I just about had a panic attack thinking about how I could coordinate flights and hotel stays at a price that wouldn't destroy the pocketbook. But the 19th...that's a good time. Thanks rayzer.

Congrats to any other interviewees (present and future) and in case you're wondering about the timeline...

I submitted my secondary on 8/9, received the complete card this past Saturday (8/27), and received the interview invitation letter today (8/29).

I remember loads of people, including myself, emailing to that email address for a status check last year. And like all those people, I am still waiting for a response a year later. I doubt anyone even checks it! Maybe they're different this year though. Who knows.

Uegis said:
I remember loads of people, including myself, emailing to that email address for a status check last year. And like all those people, I am still waiting for a response a year later. I doubt anyone even checks it! Maybe they're different this year though. Who knows.

Yep, that's what I thought. I'm going to call the admissions office and speak to a real person. The only other option is to go there myself, which I can't really do since I'm at work. I guess my husband could stop by, but I'd rather deal with it myself.

edit: I called, and just stayed on the line so it would ring at the admissions office. The woman I spoke to was extremely nice, and she said my application is complete. That's reassuring :)

How long did it take to get a secondary from drexel? do they screen pre-secondary?
thanks!

tigress said:
Yep, that's what I thought. I'm going to call the admissions office and speak to a real person. The only other option is to go there myself, which I can't really do since I'm at work. I guess my husband could stop by, but I'd rather deal with it myself.

edit: I called, and just stayed on the line so it would ring at the admissions office. The woman I spoke to was extremely nice, and she said my application is complete. That's reassuring :)

Hey guys! I emailed them, and they replied me really fast (less than 1 day). Just wanted to let you guys know that they are responsive via email :)

BlinkyCat said:
Hey guys! I emailed them, and they replied me really fast (less than 1 day). Just wanted to let you guys know that they are responsive via email :)

That's funny. I wrote yesterday morning and never heard back. Oh well. Good to know they're checking their email. Maybe they have a grudge against me :p

tigress said:
That's funny. I wrote yesterday morning and never heard back. Oh well. Good to know they're checking their email. Maybe they have a grudge against me :p

Haha..nah..You have very impressive stat, so they'd be dumb not to roll out the red carpet for you. I heard that Drexel and Temple like Penn kids...I don't know if this is true...but that's what I heard...so..if drexel is your first choice..you can be prepared to get in and enjoy thanksgiving...:)

me have interview!!! me want honeycombs!!!!

dated 8-31 on the letter

i was wondering....what happens if the invite gets lost in the mail?

C.P. Jones said:

dated 8-31 on the letter

when were you complete C.P. Jones?

C.P. Jones said:

dated 8-31 on the letter

Ya, i got the snail mail invite today but it makes me uncomfortable. I wish everyone would use email. Actually, I wish everyone used email + online status checks indicating interview status. Shouldn't be that hard nowadays.

Did anyone already call and schedule? I just wanted to know how flexible they are. I want to combine my Temple & Drexel interviews into one trip.

beponychick said:
when were you complete C.P. Jones?

i think Aug. 26th +/- a day....i'm too lazy to go upstairs and find out though (by i think i mean i'm pretty sure...)

i'm assuming you guys sent in LORs too right? or just the secondary part?

hey tigress why did you apply to so few and so random of schools? i hope you don't mind me asking i'm curious though.
-mota

C.P. Jones said:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I haven't even received the secondary yet! I guess I shouldn't even bother to fill it if I ever get one.

jj08 said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I haven't even received the secondary yet! I guess I shouldn't even bother to fill it if I ever get one.

WHAT!!!! wow, that's pretty shocking....maybe you can just fill it out and send it in? I don't think they screen, but i don't know.

Kix, LoRs were sent in already....mine were sent in June by the committee

DaMota said:
hey tigress why did you apply to so few and so random of schools? i hope you don't mind me asking i'm curious though.
-mota

2 more schools than i applied to, lol

hey, someone posted a pdf to the drexel secondary in which you could type into it...could someone post that link or the pdf...thanks ;)

gozeemer said:
hey, someone posted a pdf to the drexel secondary in which you could type into it...could someone post that link or the pdf...thanks ;)

Amazingly, I hand wrote it and got an interview... I wouldnt worry about trying to type it.

Overeducated said:
Ya, i got the snail mail invite today but it makes me uncomfortable. I wish everyone would use email. Actually, I wish everyone used email + online status checks indicating interview status. Shouldn't be that hard nowadays.

Did anyone already call and schedule? I just wanted to know how flexible they are. I want to combine my Temple & Drexel interviews into one trip.

they are very flexible, i scheduled my drexel and temple together...

Did you all paste your picture or just scan it in? Im not sure what to do?

pasted and hand-written

gozeemer, no prob bob =)