Drexel Logistics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kc222

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is for those of you who've interviewed at Drexel or anybody that knows the area well. I know the interview day ends approximately at 3pm, but would it be feasible to leave at 2:30? I gotta catch the R1 at 2:47 so I can make my flight at 5:52PM. Otherwise how much would taxi be from the campus to the airport? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

This is for those of you who've interviewed at Drexel or anybody that knows the area well. I know the interview day ends approximately at 3pm, but would it be feasible to leave at 2:30? I gotta catch the R1 at 2:47 so I can make my flight at 5:52PM. Otherwise how much would taxi be from the campus to the airport? Thanks!

I'll let someone who actually interviewed there give you a definitive answer re leaving early. But from what I've read, you'll probably be done well before 3pm and won't miss much even if you leave early.

I'm a local, and I'll admit that I don't ride the trains much. But I don't think the R1 is the line that runs near Drexel's med school. In fact, I'm almost positive it doesn't. I think the R6 runs out near the school. You would need to catch the R6 and take to 30th Street or Suburban Station then transfer to the R1. Check www.septa.org.

You will probably be finished early (I was finished by like 2, but it was on a Sat.). There should be no problem with you leaving early though because the end of the day is just the tour (at least it was on my day). I saw one guy there that apparently left right after his second interview because I didn't see him for the rest of the day.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on a weekday, and it should be no problem if you want to leave a bit early. Here's the schedule from my interview day...

9:00- General Information Session (comprehensive Powerpoint presentation of the school's history, the two curriculums, and why Drexel would be a great place to study medicine)

10:00- Tour of Facility (shouldn't last more than an hour at most)

11:00 to around 2ish are when the interviews are scheduled.

2:30- PIL Session where you get a Q& A session with Dr. Puglia, the director of the PIL program. This is entirely optional, and Drexel provides you with a list of students and their contact info from the two programs, so you should have no problem obtaining more information about PIL if that's what you're really interested in.

Also, a taxi would cost around $40-45.

Good luck on your interview!

when i interviewed there were a couple locals in our group with cars, they offered us a ride to the airport. The PIL talk is optional, and ours finnished at 2:55.

I'll let someone who actually interviewed there give you a definitive answer re leaving early. But from what I've read, you'll probably be done well before 3pm and won't miss much even if you leave early.

I'm a local, and I'll admit that I don't ride the trains much. But I don't think the R1 is the line that runs near Drexel's med school. In fact, I'm almost positive it doesn't. I think the R6 runs out near the school. You would need to catch the R6 and take to 30th Street or Suburban Station then transfer to the R1. Check www.septa.org.

No it is the R8 that runs out to Drexel.

It takes 15 min via regional rail to go from 30th st. to queen lane or vice versa.

I think that person is pushing it

you can take a taxi to the airport from Univ city/ or center city for a flat rate of something like $26.50

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the info. I need to leave at 2:47 to catch R8 to 30th so that I could take R1 to the airport. But the R1 doesn't leave till 3:30 or something...I may look into that flat rate $26.50 ride. In any case, all your input was very helpful!

K

when i interviewed there were a couple locals in our group with cars, they offered us a ride to the airport. The PIL talk is optional, and ours finnished at 2:55.

That was very nice of them, maybe I'll have that luck and catch a ride with a local too! :oops:

I believe that there is a bus system that is free for drexel students. We took that to get somewhere in Center City. We then took the R1 train to the airport. It was really cheap, but it will take a while.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the info. I need to leave at 2:47 to catch R8 to 30th so that I could take R1 to the airport. But the R1 doesn't leave till 3:30 or something...I may look into that flat rate $26.50 ride. In any case, all your input was very helpful!

K

If your flight is at 5:52pm, take the 3:30 R1. You have plenty of time. Takes about 20 minutes to get from 30th Street to the airport. Train fare will be under $5.