Drexel MSP/IMS Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jessbless

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has Anyone heard a response from Drexel's Medical Science Prepatory Program? I know the program is very competitive.

-Jessbless :)

Members don't see this ad.

It is certainly extremely competitive once you are in the program, but I don't think it is very competitive to get in. I don't think they fill up the whole class until midway through the summer, as many people holding spots in their class will probably bounce as they get accepted off various wait lists. The Drexel program sounds great - provided you like watching your lectures via closed circuit television (you aren't at the med campus - you watch the lectures from a room across town). It has great numbers in terms of getting people into schools, so good luck to you!

Jessbless, Are you talking about the IMS program or the MSP? The MSP only has 35 spots so I guess it has to be a little competitive. I heard back from the IMS program really quick (within weeks). Im not sure about the MSP. :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, sent in the packet for the IMS packet around June 20ish, telephone interviewed June 31st, and they just called me on July 3 saying I was accepted and the info pack was in the mail.

I'm actually very new to this whole process of appartment/dorm searching and what not.

If anybody else sees this please feel free to reply or talk about the program. AIM screen name is also Lil IceBoy.

Thanks

If anyone wants info on either program let me know as I just finished them. I first did the MSP then the IMS. The MSP program is harder to get into do to the small class size. If you applied early, had good letters of rec. and demonstrated a pure determination for medicine during your interview you have a good shot.

As far as competition, there is none. I completely disagree with TexasGuy41 in this regard. IMS is very hard and there is a feeling that everyone is praying to do well, however you are not graded against each other so people generally get along very well. You grade is determined by the Drexel med school mean. So, if the mean is 86.5% in Biochem and you get an 86.6% then you get a B. Some classes most of the IMS kids do well and if everyone kills the average well then everyone will get A's (this will NEVER happen though).

I would just add that this program made the world of difference for me and I am HUGE fan of the MSP program. I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who needs to boost their MCAT score.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me. I found out about this program through a very generous person and I feel obligated to help people who are in boat I was once in. Also, if you do PM me seeking advice, tell me some stuff about your applicaiton.

Best of Luck,
WISC-ite