drexel or nymc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcbstudentx

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been accepted to both NYMC and Drexel, and I'm wondering which one I should pick between the two. I want to likely specialize in a neuroscience related field, possibly even neurosurgery, which will probably be difficult coming from either of these schools I'm guessing.

Hopefully I'll get into one of the schools I'm waitlisted at so this will be a moot point, but I doubt that (not that I'm not grateful for getting into these schools, because I really am).

Thanks for any input.

Members don't see this ad.

I got into both schools as well, and I liked NYMC better than Drexel. Do you know how to use the search function at the top of the page? If so, do a search for drexel vs. nymc threads.... I know there have been a lot of them and some have the pros and cons of each school.

mcbstudentx said:
I've been accepted to both NYMC and Drexel, and I'm wondering which one I should pick between the two. I want to likely specialize in a neuroscience related field, possibly even neurosurgery, which will probably be difficult coming from either of these schools I'm guessing.

NYMC matched a student in neurosurgery last year. And we matched a number in neurology over the last few years, going to some really good places(Yale, Harvard). Just so you know.