Drexel or NYMC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Banny

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I just got off the waitlist for NYMC earlier this week and now deciding between Drexel and NYMC. Any suggestions? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

nymc so i can go to drexel :D

i actually don't know anything about nymc, but congrats and good luck w/ your decision

C.P. Jones said:
nymc so i can go to drexel :D

i actually don't know anything about nymc, but congrats and good luck w/ your decision

:laugh:

well, hope you get into drexel.

Members don't see this ad :)
nymc sucks, go to drexel. =P
heh heh

Banny said:
:laugh:

well, hope you get into drexel.

yea, thanks. i must admit, drexel probably is better than nymc....good choice (it seems like you've made it :) )

Based on what is drexel better than NYMC? If you're basing it on avg board score/percentage matched/ or percentage of step 1 passed (ours was 100 last year and above 98 for the last 5), NYMC is superior. Also, I personally think NYMC's match is better (but you can look at both and make your own decision). Take what pewl has to stay with a grain of salt, he is just angry he got waitlisted at nymc.

I too, was in the position of drexel or nymc, with a few other schools and came to NYMC and am very happy. But in addition to what I said, both are US allopathic medical schools, so they're both still good.

I did not care for Drexel very much, the students especially. The facilities at NYMC are quite nice, obviously it has a great Anat lab, and the whole dorm thing seems to add a nice student atmosphere to the school. And the board scores are certainly excellent and most likely better than Drexels. I am not positive, but I know NYMC has board scores that are 7-8 points above the natl ave for step 1.

I had to choose between NYMC and Drexel and I'm choosing Drexel. Pretty much all med students and residents I talk to tell me that Drexel is stronger. I also think the PIL program is amazing.

I did like NYMC though, it was very tough to decide.

boyz of 4d said:
Based on what is drexel better than NYMC? If you're basing it on avg board score/percentage matched/ or percentage of step 1 passed (ours was 100 last year and above 98 for the last 5), NYMC is superior. Also, I personally think NYMC's match is better (but you can look at both and make your own decision). Take what pewl has to stay with a grain of salt, he is just angry he got waitlisted at nymc.

I too, was in the position of drexel or nymc, with a few other schools and came to NYMC and am very happy. But in addition to what I said, both are US allopathic medical schools, so they're both still good.

i'm also just saying drexel is better b/c nymc didn't even interview me....nor have they even given me a rejection letter yet....at least i'm on drexel's waitlist........other than that, i'm sure nymc is also an excellent choice

Hey I'm on the same boat. Drexel just called me today, and im going to call back tomorrow and ask them for an extension. I am heading out to the east coast this weekend, just to look at apartments and check out both campuses. I will give you a heads up.

SuferMD said:
Hey I'm on the same boat. Drexel just called me today, and im going to call back tomorrow and ask them for an extension. I am heading out to the east coast this weekend, just to look at apartments and check out both campuses. I will give you a heads up.

so drexel has started to accept people off the waitlist??