1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

drexel pending status vs. on hold

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Kix, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Kix

Kix Member
    7+ Year Member

anyone know if there is a difference between "pending status" and "on hold" for drexel? i know some of you have been put on hold, but i haven't heard anything about pending status yet, which they tell me i'm on...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cfdavid

cfdavid Membership Revoked
    Removed 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    i just received an email stating that i'm on hold, pre-interview. so, i'd be glad to know as well.

this on hold stuff pre-interview doesn't exactly give me a warm fuzzy feeling....

4. ahumdinger

ahumdinger Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    yeah mine says that my file is complete and has been reviewed by a committee member, also it says, "Your application is currently on hold, and will be reviewed again later this year for a possible interview."

Aren't they booked for interviewed through march? There won't be any interview spots left by then!Are they just pulling our leg with this hold crap?

5. ShyRem

ShyRem I need more coffee.
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    same email here, too. ah, well.

6. cfdavid

cfdavid Membership Revoked
    Removed 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    yep, ah well is what i say too. not much we can do about it i guess.

i was just explaining to a family member how there are just so many qualified people in this process that it feels so arbitrary at times. that is, unless your scores are way high, in which case that seems to really get their attention.

7. db1

db1 Member
    10+ Year Member

I got the pending status email as well.

"Your file is complete and has been reviewed. Your file is in a pending status which means if invited for an interview, you will be notified via regular mail. Thank you."

That really wasn't an explanation of what pending status means. Maybe it means pending the interview they are about to invite us to :)

8. GA Girl

GA Girl Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I've been completed for a while and haven't heard anything...did you hear via email? Letter?

9. db1

db1 Member
    10+ Year Member

I emailed them to check my status.

10. Kix

Kix Member
    7+ Year Member

yea i emailed them asking about my status too. apparently they only send out complete notices to every other person... or something dumb like that.

11. discus

discus Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I emailed to find out my status, but no response...hmmm....has anyone heard back after interviewing mid-Nov? :scared:

12. ddog01

ddog01 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

It took them about 4 business days to reply to my email requesting the status check. Those days hovered a weekend, and it felt like weeks. Now I'm on HOLD, and the email wording was almost exactly the same as the "pending status." Makes me think they are actually one and the same status, but two different people wrote the template emails, or they were written at different times by the same person hence the different wording for the same status.

-D