Drexel PIL vs. IFM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kl0117

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This topic has not been addressed for a few years and I just want the opinion of people who have finished Drexel with having PIL or IFM and their experiences. I have access to some of the PIL website and can see some information about the years 1 and 2. I like how in year 2 you switch to strictly MCQ only on exams while in years 1 you have MCQ and short answer. This allows one to get into the mindset of the board test... previously people were saying PIL would not prepare as much for boards. I like how at the same time you are taking biochem and microanatomy just like the IFM students do. However, because there is small group... are the lectures for biochem and micro for PIL students cutting things out to fit in small group sessions? Finally, if you did PIL did you find yourself having any benefits later on in residency or on step 1 or 2 from having been use to evaluating cases early on? Any IFM people out there have any reasons for IFM? Any info would be so helpful!!

Members don't see this ad.

Interested in this as well, as I have some of the same questions...