Drexel Secondary Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apparition

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the Academic History section, where it asks to list the schools, do they only want those you attended in a degree program. I'm not sure if I should put two schools where I only took summer classes and a community college where I took a class while in high school.

In the Personal Information section, does research go with the medically related volunteer activities or with extracurricular, community service activities?

Thanks a lot! Hoping to send it out today.

Members don't see this ad.

Apparition said:
In the Academic History section, where it asks to list the schools, do they only want those you attended in a degree program. I'm not sure if I should put two schools where I only took summer classes and a community college where I took a class while in high school.

Yup, you need to include all of these. If you've received a transcript from these schools, they then need to be reported.

In the Personal Information section, does research go with the medically related volunteer activities or with extracurricular, community service activities?

What type of reserach was it? If it had soemthing to do with medicine, then list it in the medically realted activities.

But if it was perhaps something more hard-core engineering, then list it in the extracurricular section... although I think they are really looking for clubs and stuff here. And they will have your AMCAS when they interview you. Did you list this research on your AMCAS?

Good luck :luck:

tinkerbelle said:
What type of reserach was it? If it had soemthing to do with medicine, then list it in the medically realted activities.

But if it was perhaps something more hard-core engineering, then list it in the extracurricular section... although I think they are really looking for clubs and stuff here. And they will have your AMCAS when they interview you. Did you list this research on your AMCAS?

Good luck :luck:

It was microbiology research at my school.

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Apparition said:
It was microbiology research at my school.

Thanks!!

But what was the overall goal of the project? If you can give your project a medical spin, then you can list in the medically related activities.

For example:

The goal of my project was to determine whether writing antibiotics perscriptions for children when the nature of their illness is unknown could be harmful in the long run. Specifically, my role involved doing blah balh blah to determine the role of anitobiotics in creating antibiotic resistant bateria.

This is something I would list in the medically-realted section. Sorry, this probably wasn't a helpful post :) I hope others can answer your question better. Good luck finishing the application :luck:

tinkerbelle said:
But what was the overall goal of the project? If you can give your project a medical spin, then you can list in the medically related activities.

For example:

The goal of my project was to determine whether writing antibiotics perscriptions for children when the nature of their illness is unknown could be harmful in the long run. Specifically, my role involved doing blah balh blah to determine the role of anitobiotics in creating antibiotic resistant bateria.

This is something I would list in the medically-realted section. Sorry, this probably wasn't a helpful post :) I hope others can answer your question better. Good luck finishing the application :luck:

No, it was very helpful :D
Thanks a lot and good luck to you too :luck: :)

i'm trying to think where i put my research stuff, but i can't remember. is there an employment section? i might have done that since i got paid (very little) for it. if you didn't get paid anything, i would put it in medically related volunteer activities.

has anyone had trouble reaching drexel admissions?

I emailed them twice to check my status and see if I can fill out a secondary and no one has responded to me.

Is the secondary online?

whournameiz said:

I emailed them twice to check my status and see if I can fill out a secondary and no one has responded to me.

Is the secondary online?

Nope, the secondary is sent via snailmail. Yeah, I had trouble contacting them too (via phone though). But try leaving a voice message if nobody picks up. They are usually pretty good about returning calls.

whournameiz said:

Is the secondary online?

I think the secondary is snailmailed to you. Try giving their office a call--they're really nice. I called them Friday and told them I hadn't received the secondary yet. They said they had mailed mine out on 8/5 but I still haven't gotten it. Your secondary might've just disappeared into thin air like mine, but they'll mail you another one.