Drexel Secondary

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DaBruin, Oct 13, 2002.

1. DaBruin

DaBruin Member
    7+ Year Member

This may be a stupid question but here it is...on the Drexel Secondary, it asks you to choose which program u're interested in: "IFM" or "PIL". Do you have to choose one or is this an optional program? From what I read in the book it seems like its mandatory to choose but I'm a bit confused. Any input would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. abw

abw Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i called up and asked that same exact question. the person who answered said it didn't matter, that both would be explained if you got an interview and the question wasn't factored in to anything. hope that helps!

4. wolferman

wolferman Member?
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If you go to Drexel, you'll choose one of the two. They just want to know which you're currently interested in. I chose IFM on the secondary because I like lecture format and want them to teach me, not point me in the direction of a library. IFM also has clinically applied modules that help you learn the material. Seems like a good fit for me, but who knows. If I interview there, they may change my mind.

5. medicine2006

medicine2006 Happy Pisces
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    They need people to sign up for the PIL program because their first year lecture hall for IFM only fits 171 students and they have a class of 250. So they want some PIL people so not all 250 people are in the lec hall. Seriously this is a problem because they have to have overflow rooms that webcast the lecture to those that don't get a seat in the regular lec hall.

BTW the PIL program had a really low past rate on STEP 1 the last couple of years.

These are some of the reasons I didn't chose Drexel. Something to think about if you interview there.

6. PrincessCKNY

PrincessCKNY Crown Royal Member
    7+ Year Member

I also called and asked. They said to choose, but that you aren't held to those choices if you are admitted to the school. I think it may be to get a feel for what the entering 2003 class may be like and how to adjust those programs accordingly.