Quantcast

Drexel Student Hosts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

civilleader

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Has anyone actually utilized this yet? It seems like there are very few student hosts from the list the adcoms gave me for the interview.

scrubsrfun

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i used a student host from the list they gave me but at the last minute, she had to go home for some family thing. she was very nice though and found me another girl to stay with that lived in her building. the second girl was definitely a bit more reserved, but she was still really nice. so all in all, i didnt have a problem with it and it beats spending money on a hotel :rolleyes:

Cestmoi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm interviewing here next week and I have called up a student to stay with. by the way scrubsrfun did u get a gift for your student host? and if yes wat was it if u don't mind me asking. I just saw this thread about gifts to hosts which is making me nervous because all i had in mind was the classic 'thank-you card'.

scrubsrfun

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
yah in general, i always got my student hosts a gifts--its courteous and makes them want to be hosts again in the future. i duno if this is lame but theres a store near my apartment that sells all this chocolate stuff so i got my host a box of chocolates but all the chocolates were in the shape of medical stuff like a stethoscope, bandaid, syringe, etc. it was $10.00 and i think anything between 10-15 bucks is ok, some may say 20 but im about to enter med school which means im poor lol. i dont know if you know where most drexel students go to study but im guessing a giftcard to starbucks or some coffee place could always come in handy for med students :rolleyes: