Drexel vs. Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopingnpraying

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I already got into Jefferson but I have a Drexel interview coming up. Should I bother going?

Can anyone tell me the differences between the schools and the pros/cons for each.

Members don't see this ad.

Jeff is nice. I like the area, more so than Drexel.

Jeff, hands down. They are just a better school by far.

Anka

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at both last week and was more impressed by Jefferson due to the people, location, and curriculum. Drexel is really expanding their research program, so if you are into research, Drexel would be a good way to make money doing research or enter into a MD/PhD program after a year.

I definitely urge you to keep your interview at Drexel. I ranked drexel lower on my list before my interview, mostly based on location. My interview changed all that. I was impressed with their curriculum and the vast opportunities for clinical rotations. Particularly was their approach to education. Drexel has 2 tracks you can choose from for your first 2 years of education. IFM is the traditional one: go to lecture 6 hrs a day or just study the class notes, hope to kick *** on the exam, chalk up 2 years of your life to the cause. PIL is a problem based curriculum where you meet with 6-8 students and an instructor 3 days a week for 3 hrs, approach science from a unique perspective that incorporates clinical relevance, go to lecture/lab for a few hrs and actually have a life in medical school. I choose Drexel and PIL and was extremely satisfied with the way I spent 2 years of my life. BTW, our passing rate for the boards was just as good as IFM.

Good luck.

And if you are looking at the financial side of things--look to see what Drexel is ranked as far as students coming out with debt...

Another vote for Jeff here from someone with acceptances at both. Don't waste time/money on the Drex interview.