Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TDizzle

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
absolutely nothing. not even a rude email. i would love a rude email.

Check your online status. I never got an email, but I'm on pre-interview hold.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't even think they check their emails. I emailed an inquiry about the arrival of my LORs - nothing. A few months later I emailed a request to withdraw - they haven't withdrew me. So I was like, what the heck, I'll just keep playing. So I emailed an inquiry for status check (I've been "under review" for 3 months now) - nothing. Is anyone in the admissions office alive?!

I don't even think they check their emails. I emailed an inquiry about the arrival of my LORs - nothing. A few months later I emailed a request to withdraw - they haven't withdrew me. So I was like, what the heck, I'll just keep playing. So I emailed an inquiry for status check (I've been "under review" for 3 months now) - nothing. Is anyone in the admissions office alive?!

Talked to them on the phone they seemed alive...didn't seem phased when I said I had no status...Just wait it out.

just keep checking status online. I scheduled my interview online before I got the email invite. They are alive.. stay positive:)

Same situation as everyone else...been complete for like 4 months (8/7ish)...still nothing online, in the e-mail or otherwise...I hate application limbo!

Nate.

I withdrew after Miami acceptance (complete for 2+ mo). Sent an e-mail to withdraw with no reply. I checked my status page a couple weeks later because I was curious, and it says my app was withdraw per my request. Someone sees the e-mails.

I am also stuck on the Review phase for many many months. I even called to figure out whats going and they said the committee havent had a chance to even look at my file. Which is quite strange considering that it was completed 3 months ago.

Please clarify for me where on the Drexel web page you receive any notification. I see complete under status and when I go to "see your decision" it states that "no decision has been made, keep checking back for a decision."

Am I on pre-interview hold? Everything has been complete since about October 10, 2997. Thanks.

Please clarify for me where on the Drexel web page you receive any notification. I see complete under status and when I go to "see your decision" it states that "no decision has been made, keep checking back for a decision."
I applied last year and that was the entirety of my status until a rejection email about eight months later in late-May. They are not good about notifying folks.

Check your online status. I never got an email, but I'm on pre-interview hold.

Does your status page say that you are on a pre-interview hold? I have heard nothing yet through e-mail or status page, and am assuming I am "unofficially" on hold.

i interviewed early oct and still nothing.... no waitlist.. rejection just decision has been made and in the mail....

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete in late august and I got an interview invite december 28th for end of january. I didn't hear anything from them in between august and december.

I am sorry but to be complete since 9/13 and still have no decision, not even a "continuing to review" update, is kinda ridiculous. I am kind of turned off.

i was complete at the end of august and just got an interview yesterday, so i think that you should take hearing nothing as opposed to hold as a good sign.

I interviewed mid Oct Decision made and will be mailed to pre address that was 3 weeks ago still nothing.

I was complete 12/7, and my status page changed to "schedule an interview" yesterday. I've an interview scheduled for Feb.

I was complete 12/7, and my status page changed to "schedule an interview" yesterday. I've an interview scheduled for Feb.

If you don't mind me asking what are your stats. Please PM me if you don't want to post. Thanks.

I interviewed mid Oct Decision made and will be mailed to pre address that was 3 weeks ago still nothing.

Three weeks is quite a while after that message. I would call and ask them about it.

im supposed to interview at drexel towards the end of jan, is there anything i should know or do before

im going on the 28th

Good luck! From what I've read online about the school, it sounds pretty good...but I'm also applying for the MD/MPH program, so its a little different for me

Hmm I logged into the drexel site and got this message :
Thank you for your application. Your file has been reviewed and will be re-evaluated later in the season for a final decision.
I guess this is the pre-interview hold... did anyone got an interview out of it? or I can just assume i'll receive a rejection letter sometimes in may :(
Please help!

Hmm I logged into the drexel site and got this message :
Thank you for your application. Your file has been reviewed and will be re-evaluated later in the season for a final decision.
I guess this is the pre-interview hold... did anyone got an interview out of it? or I can just assume i'll receive a rejection letter sometimes in may :(
Please help!

I can't help, but I just checked to see I have this same message now...first time my status for drexel has ever changed...does seem kinda strange to get this message now, in mid january...what exactly does 'later in the season' mean...not too much of the season left....

Sorry to hear it... I am kinda sure I can delete drexel of my list as I doubt I'll get an interview invite from them... it'd be better if they'd just reject me and won't leave any hope...
If there's someone who actually got an interview after receiving this message please let us know !

I think they might kinda slow over there.

I submitted my secondary on 08/07 was complete on 09/08. Two months later, I got an interview invite on 11/14 for early December. When I checked the page a few days before, I saw no change and assumed (wrongly) that I was rejected. I was accepted on 1/10.

There is still hope!!

Good Luck!

Sorry to hear it... I am kinda sure I can delete drexel of my list as I doubt I'll get an interview invite from them... it'd be better if they'd just reject me and won't leave any hope...
If there's someone who actually got an interview after receiving this message please let us know !

I just got put on hold at Drexel this week too. I've done some pretty intensive searching of past threads, and couldn't find if they invite after this hold or not. No one ever answered that question...

I have read on one of the threads that someone talked to the admission director and she said that they won't re-review the applications until may! WTF?!??! :confused: it doesn't make any sense!

I talked with my prehealth advisor yesterday about a different interview, and he said he had just talked to the people at Drexel and they are swamped and very behind--- so don't take it as a bad sign that you haven't received word back, they really just haven't gotten to it

I have read on one of the threads that someone talked to the admission director and she said that they won't re-review the applications until may! WTF?!??! :confused: it doesn't make any sense!

Yeah I saw that thread too but kind of wrote it off. Someone challenged that statement later on, and the original poster didn't have anything to back it up. If that were true I would assume they would just reject us rather than put us on a hold. Rereview in March maybe, but not May. They have to know that no one would show up to an invite that was sent out in May because the odds of you getting in would be nonexistent. It wouldn't even be worth the cost of flying out and a hotel.

I am assuming its a rejection. I just have so much more respect for schools that look at my file and think "aw, hell no" and just reject me on the spot. At least they aren't wasting my or their time with dragging it out!

I think they might kinda slow over there.

I submitted my secondary on 08/07 was complete on 09/08. Two months later, I got an interview invite on 11/14 for early December. When I checked the page a few days before, I saw no change and assumed (wrongly) that I was rejected. I was accepted on 1/10.

There is still hope!!

Good Luck!

What an inspirational story :rolleyes:

:D
Yeah I saw that thread too but kind of wrote it off. Someone challenged that statement later on, and the original poster didn't have anything to back it up. If that were true I would assume they would just reject us rather than put us on a hold. Rereview in March maybe, but not May. They have to know that no one would show up to an invite that was sent out in May because the odds of you getting in would be nonexistent. It wouldn't even be worth the cost of flying out and a hotel.

I am assuming its a rejection. I just have so much more respect for schools that look at my file and think "aw, hell no" and just reject me on the spot. At least they aren't wasting my or their time with dragging it out!

Hi I agree with you I know my application isn't perfect and it has some holes in it (30mcat and 3.48 GPA) but comeon... don't put me on a pre interview hold.... I feel like writing them a long email telling them to go to hell :D
but I am too nice for that:D
I actually called them and asked them what the hell this status means... the lady told me that they'll keep on reviewing it and might give an interview but I felt it was complete BS :) well at least she tried

I just withdrew from Drexel, hopefully one of you anxious Drexel applicants gets that interview spot.

:D

Hi I agree with you I know my application isn't perfect and it has some holes in it (30mcat and 3.48 GPA) but comeon... don't put me on a pre interview hold.... I feel like writing them a long email telling them to go to hell :D
but I am too nice for that:D
I actually called them and asked them what the hell this status means... the lady told me that they'll keep on reviewing it and might give an interview but I felt it was complete BS :) well at least she tried

yeah, I think drexel likes some IS people .. that's really why I got the interview (29 MCAT here bleh)