Dropped a course for the Fall term. How will this affect my financial aid?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coronahopeful

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am currently in graduate school that was approved for financial aid for the full year. In the middle of the semester, I had dropped a course which had brought me down to part-time status.

1. How will this affect my financial aid for the following term?
2. Do I have to reapply for financial aid every semester or every year?

I hope someone who was in this particular situation can reply. Thank you for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I am currently in graduate school that was approved for financial aid for the full year. In the middle of the semester, I had dropped a course which had brought me down to part-time status.

1. How will this affect my financial aid for the following term?
2. Do I have to reapply for financial aid every semester or every year?

I hope someone who was in this particular situation can reply. Thank you for your help.
1. It depends on the exact aid that you are getting. Some require full time credits as I’m sure you know. The aid could be adjusted based on your new credits. And you could be responsible for the balance after the aid is adjusted. It may also affect future aid eligibility. The people best equipped to answer this is your schools’s financial aid office.

2. FAFSA needs to be completed every year.