Dropped Minor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zkpliskin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been accepted into medical school and listed a minor on my application. I however, will not be able to complete this minor before matriculation.

Is there any danger in this? Will they notice when i send them my final transcripts? The fear of course is that they put me under review or something... is that possible?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

I have been accepted into medical school and listed a minor on my application. I however, will not be able to complete this minor before matriculation.

Is there any danger in this? Will they notice when i send them my final transcripts? The fear of course is that they put me under review or something... is that possible?

Thanks.

It's possible I guess.

Schools differ on how they handle these things. From previous threads I have seen, dropping your minor would probably not have too much of an effect.

However, I would anonymously call the school and ask. We cannot answer this question with certainty on this forum.

Minors don't really matter to anyone so don't even sweat it. I was worried I was going to fail my Physical Chemistry II class spring semester senior year because I decided to have too much fun and panicked that a fail would mean rejection. I called the admissions director and she said that she didn't care-- that an accept was an accept based on what I had achieved at the time of acceptance. I didn't fail, but since I had decided to skip the midterm (an option) and base my whole grade on the final and never go to class I was convinced this would backfire on me.

It is true that none of us can guarantee anything to you, so if you're concerned, just call up and ask. But my guess is the answer is no, they won't care.