Dropped out of pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 user
Hospitals in my area are notorious for not hiring their own residents. Residents are for all purposes free labor. Why hire a 6-figure earning pharmacist when you can train your incoming residents to do the same thing in just a few months?

We've been hiring about 2 residents a year for the past three years now. New positions being created as well. Not doom and gloom everywhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I just dropped out of pharmacy school today after 1 semester. It sucks that this profession is going down hill.

I'm jealous. I'm a P3 and in too deep. Even if I could go back a year, I would have dropped out after my 3rd semester and went to nursing school. Graduate in 2 years and would be able to live in any city in america. Maybe not making 100k like a pharmacist but I'd be able to live anywhere and have job security

I'm jealous. I'm a P3 and in too deep. Even if I could go back a year, I would have dropped out after my 3rd semester and went to nursing school. Graduate in 2 years and would be able to live in any city in america. Maybe not making 100k like a pharmacist but I'd be able to live anywhere and have job security

A lot of RNs I know at my place with experience are making more than 100k and easily make more than any pharmacist with the constant OT they are doing.

You'd have to be an absolute ace at time management to pull off being a perv and a med student.

Wow

I feel so sorry for that Student Services Dean. I'm not sure if I could find anything that would stick, and the threat of retaliatory lawsuits for something like this just makes life suck hard. Although, I'll be curious if they can find anything, because it's one of those things where no one ever thought of such a unique way of victimizing people. I did not realize that there was a Rule 34 for seeming innocent photos. Glad that I don't have a LinkedIn or Facebook account, but those poor women...

Reactions: 1 users
I suppose it could be tough being a pharmacist depending on where you are. Job market aint that bad here in texas.

Retail may turn you off but literally anything else, i think, is awesome. i.e. in Texas, every nursing home is required by law to have a consultant pharmacist and there is about a thousand nursing home in texas. There is always a posting about consultant pharmacist.

I know some say pharmacy is a dying career but i would think thats only if youre in retail. Not much to improve in retail professionally. Youre basically a professional casher with a doctorate degree in pharmacy.

If you dropped out then it seems more like a personal problem than anything else. There was a girl that dropped out in my class after one semester. She regretted it once she saw us getting jobs and moving on with our careers. She ended up applying again later i believe.

I had a conversation the other day with a unit clerk at my rotation. He opted out of pharmacy school after being accepted, I congratulated him on dodging a bullet, we spoke about all the ways 6-8 years and $150k could be spent... It left me dreading my decision.

Oh well, here's to 4 final months of sleep deprivation and paying to work my ass off for snobby pseudo-intellectuals while pretending to regard residencies as the holy grail of pharmacy achievement when it comes up every goddamn week on rotation. Oh, to be debt-free and traveling the world with a laptop and a computer science degree...

BLESS YOU SON

It does seem that successful people in CS have a remarkable amount of energy and time. It could just be that, being suited to thoughtful work and having sufficient rest, they simply apply their work ability to their hobbies. And to ****posting on the internet

Hospitals in my area are notorious for not hiring their own residents. Residents are for all purposes free labor. Why hire a 6-figure earning pharmacist when you can train your incoming residents to do the same thing in just a few months?

Aye, desperate residents working for half-pay are another source of cheap labor. It ain't all roses

I got into premed at top medical schools; they can drop their pretension. But maybe I should work on letters of recommendation and apply to residency. I would be their smartest candidate and I have customers that love me

Wait, what is this madness. A residency just to work in a drama filled hospital with potentially **** hours. Have lost my mind. Probably still better than retail though. Not fully rested today, excuse the ****posting

Last edited: