SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Dropping a class

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by stressedpremed, Feb 27, 2007.

1. stressedpremed

stressedpremed

Feb 25, 2007
    Up to this point, I've taken 20 credits every semester and done pretty well (4.0). Right now, I'm a second semester junior extremely overwhelmed by the mcat on top of extracurricular stuff and some tough classes that I can't drop and want to only take 12 credits (I'm currently taking 16). Is this going to look really bad? There will be no record of dropping a class on my transcript. Thanks!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. ryandote

ryandote Member 5+ Year Member

Jun 10, 2006

If there is no record on your transcript, it didn't happen. Are you possibly referring to the dreaded 'W' that so many people think will keep them out of medical school?

In all seriousness, 12 credits + a full schedule of EC's + the MCATs is not something to be embarrassed about. It's probably better to do well with a load you can handle then to do poorly because of a load you can't handle...

4. ScroogeMcTroll

ScroogeMcTroll 2+ Year Member

Jan 31, 2007
    You might as well not take the MCAT. Just thinking about dropping a class has already ruled out the possibility of med school in your future.

5. alibaba

alibaba New Member 10+ Year Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Do well with what you have and concentrate on the MCAT. Doesn't matter at all.