Quantcast

Dropping a class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stressedpremed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Up to this point, I've taken 20 credits every semester and done pretty well (4.0). Right now, I'm a second semester junior extremely overwhelmed by the mcat on top of extracurricular stuff and some tough classes that I can't drop and want to only take 12 credits (I'm currently taking 16). Is this going to look really bad? There will be no record of dropping a class on my transcript. Thanks!

ryandote

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Up to this point, I've taken 20 credits every semester and done pretty well (4.0). Right now, I'm a second semester junior extremely overwhelmed by the mcat on top of extracurricular stuff and some tough classes that I can't drop and want to only take 12 credits (I'm currently taking 16). Is this going to look really bad? There will be no record of dropping a class on my transcript. Thanks!

If there is no record on your transcript, it didn't happen. Are you possibly referring to the dreaded 'W' that so many people think will keep them out of medical school?

In all seriousness, 12 credits + a full schedule of EC's + the MCATs is not something to be embarrassed about. It's probably better to do well with a load you can handle then to do poorly because of a load you can't handle...

ScroogeMcTroll

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
You might as well not take the MCAT. Just thinking about dropping a class has already ruled out the possibility of med school in your future.

alibaba

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do well with what you have and concentrate on the MCAT. Doesn't matter at all.