Dropping from 4 year to attend CC, return to different four year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

weebo97

Reaction score
Hey Y'all!

I finished my freshman year at Baylor University with a 2.98 GPA, but I am not really happy with the school and I want to attend to go back to California and attend a UC, hopefully Davis or San Diego. I am conflicted on whether I should attend a community college back home in California, or continue and finish my second year here at Baylor and then attempt to transfer to a UC. If I stay at Baylor, the chances of me getting accepted into a UC are very low, and my gpa will suffer. If i attend a CC, my GPA will be easier to maintain at a high level but I am worried that medical schools will look down on me for choosing to do this, thinking that I only dropped out due to a low gpa, and not because I did not enjoy being at the school or the large amount of required classes I had to take. Would Medical schools look down on the fact that I attended a CC? Would my overall GPA after my undergraduate show that I attended a CC, or just show the GPA of all the college-level classes I have taken?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, medical schools will definitely suspect something (going from a 4 year university to a community college simple because its too hard). You're trying to boost your GPA through easier means simply because you cannot handle the rigor at your current school (Baylor). It's not the school...it's you. You most likely have poor study habits and time management skills. How do you think medical school is going to be? You can't simply transfer to another medical school because the curriculum in the medical school you're at is too hard/doesn't fit your learning style.

"If I stay at Baylor, the chances of me getting accepted into a UC are very low, and my GPA will suffer. If i attend a CC, my GPA will be easier to maintain at a high level"

Reactions: 2 users
Everything Shotapp said. If you can't handle the environment of Baylor, how are you going to show that you can handle med school?

Do what you feel is best for you. That said, there are no shortcuts in this game. What happens if the CC is challenging, UC is challenging, etc.? You can’t keep running when the going gets tough, and I can assure you, it will get tougher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk