Dropping Neurology Interviews - Stonybrook and VCU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OrangeOblivion

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have Stonybrook and VCU interviews scheduled for early January and I am considering dropping both of these programs. Coming from Boston, I do not know much about these programs besides what is written on their websites, and would like to hear from people who know more about the programs before making this decision.

For reference, I am considering dropping them because I would already have 10 interviews without them, and my husband and I would prefer to stay in New England.... That being said, MUSC, in South Carolina, is now in my top five after interviewing at the program.

For further background info, the programs that I will be attending/have attended interviews at are as follows: Boston University, Tufts, UMass, Dartmouth, UVM, Rochester, Albany, Brown, UConn, and MUSC.

Thank you for your input, and good luck to you all!
~Amanda

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds Like You Have Some awesome places. if You feel comfortable, go ahead and drop. stonybrook is 100% img/non-usmd's, for reference

Hello Everyone,

I have Stonybrook and VCU interviews scheduled for early January and I am considering dropping both of these programs. Coming from Boston, I do not know much about these programs besides what is written on their websites, and would like to hear from people who know more about the programs before making this decision.

For reference, I am considering dropping them because I would already have 10 interviews without them, and my husband and I would prefer to stay in New England.... That being said, MUSC, in South Carolina, is now in my top five after interviewing at the program.

For further background info, the programs that I will be attending/have attended interviews at are as follows: Boston University, Tufts, UMass, Dartmouth, UVM, Rochester, Albany, Brown, UConn, and MUSC.

Thank you for your input, and good luck to you all!
~Amanda

I interviewed at VCU and was very impressed with their program. Honestly, I wouldn't drop it unless you're positive you don't want to live in Richmond. I didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. Their PD is pretty laid back and everyone is very nice. Plus, they take really good care of you -- five star hotel, elegant dinner, bus tour. It's up to you, but I'm glad I went.