Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

dropping ochem?!?!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by MDperfection, May 7, 2008.

1. MDperfection

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Our school is on a quarter system and I received an "A" for Chem128A
    last quarter, I'm taking 128B and struggling in it due to personal and other reasons, which I don't have the liberty to share on this site.

I'm thinking about dropping Chem128B. My first midterm I received an average score and I'm pretty sure I cannot get an A at the end of the quarter (the professor is labeled as the "terminator").

What do medical schools think about dropping classes? especially since this is a pre-req class?

When I say medical school, I mean schools like UCSF not caribbean schools or others.

Please let me know!

2. nonesuchgirl

Get a B

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. iA-MD2013

Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    :thumbup:

4. 87138

87138 Guest

Medical Student
    I always wonder why people list their course numbers on here, especially when they're obscure/random numbers. If we're talking "Chem 100" that's fine, and most of the time the course number isn't even 100, but it's a way of signifying an entry level course; however, why would you expect anyone to connect with "128A" if they don't attend your school?

Also, get a B.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. HumidBeing

HumidBeing In Memory of Riley Jane
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Verified Account 2+ Year Member

So far, you're doing average. That's fine. Not worth withdrawing over that. You don't need all "A's", even for the best schools.

There is something else to consider. Does your school offer this course every quarter? If it doesn't, you can really mess up your schedule to get classes completed.

Withdrawing from classes also affects your completion rate and number of hours per term, which can affect scholarships and insurance coverage.

6. HumidBeing

Around here, a 100 level course is below entry level, and only used to designate remedial or non-degree courses. 101 and above are the entry level courses.

7. MDperfection

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I guess I wasn't being very clear.
    How does it look to have a "W" or dropped course on the transcript?
    I'm really doubtful that I'll get a B in the class...With this professor, I'll be getting a C

regarding the class number, I'll make sure not to write class numbers from now on. I guess it makes a very big difference in the question being asked

8. zanaida10

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    sit in front of the professor smile and give him brownies and talk about how much YOU LOVE this class and its the meaning of your life and you want to grow up to be a o-chem professor just like him. :D:laugh::scared:

9. 87138

87138 Guest

Medical Student

I'm just an *** sometimes. It's clearly not germane to the topic.

10. Wylde

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    qft, one B will not affect your chances... at all.

11. HumidBeing

I'll answer the question that everyone's avoiding. One "W" isn't going to affect your chances one whit. What we're all trying to tell you is that a single "B" or even "C" in a quarter course isn't going to keep you from getting in anywhere, either.