Dropping with a W?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ponybreeder4

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How bad does it look to have a W on your record? I might be able to get a B in the class if i work really hard, but i have enough B's already :(. Would it look suspicious if i dropped it? Also this class is a prereq for my major and im thinking of changin majors so i wont need it if i change majors. IS that agood excuse to explain a w?

Members don't see this ad.

Take the B. The B will look better than a W in the long run. I would only suggest taking a W if you suspect that you will be doing worse than a C in a class. Plus a B isn't that bad.

I had a W on my transcript and I was only called out on it by one interviewer (turned out to be the school I got into). I wouldn't worry about it if its just one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Try hard for the B, maybe you'll get an A.

No, that's not really a good excuse for a W. Many of us here have worked to get our grades up - work hard and you just might surprise yourself. Good luck!

It's been said numerous times on these boards: one W will not hurt you. A string of W's would need an explanation, but one probably want even be questioned, much less cause you problems.

It's been said numerous times on these boards: one W will not hurt you. A string of W's would need an explanation, but one probably want even be questioned, much less cause you problems.
bingo, take the W-assuming a "B" is your ceiling in this course.

One W is nothing as long as you can come up with a good explanation for it. Saying "I couldn't get an A and therefore dropped it" does not count. Also, getting a few B's will not matter either as long as you have A's to balance them. See my link below for more details.