Drug references for pocket pc's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

puffy1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any good free drug references similar to epocrates that are available for the Pocket PC (Window's based OS)? I was sorely disappointed to find out that the free epocrates download was for Palm based systems only.

And if there isn't any free software, what's the best available that combines cost and value?

Members don't see this ad.

I use Lexi-Comp on mine. If you're not familiar with them, go check your local medical bookstore. They'll usually have a few books in their series. On my PDA, I downloaded the modules on Drug Info, Diagnostic Medicine, Griffith's 5-minute consult, Infectious Diseases, Natural Products, Poisoning and Toxicology, Drug Interactions and Pharmacogenomics. It's an enormous amount of info to have handy.

Unfortunately, it's not cheap. But the full package is a good value. It's also a subscription service, so you can download an update every month--which is handy whenever a big new drug comes out, or a new interaction is discovered. It's rock-solid, and unfortunately they're not paying me to say that. ;)