Drug Testing in pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
#3: Erica wants rice

Erica: I want rice but somebody broke the rice cooker!
Me: You don't need to use the rice cooker. You can make rice on the stove.
Erica: But one of the legs is broken off. It will still fall over on the stove.
Me: Not in the rice cooker. You can make the rice in a pan on the stove.
Erica: Really? (gives me a skeptical look) I never did that before. Are you sure?
Me: Yes. I have made rice that way a bunch of times. Just use 2 cups of water for evey cup of rice and simmer it with the lid on for 20 minutes.
Erica: Huh?
Me: Keep it boiling but just barely.
Erica: That sounds complicated.
Me: Just put it on low once it starts boiling.
Erica: But how do I make it boil in the first place?
Me: Put it on high or medium.
Erica: But won't that burn the water?
Me: You can't burn water, Erica.
Erica: Whatever. If it gets hot enough it will burn
Me: Did you ever take chemistry?
Erica: Yeah.
Me: Do you remember talking about the boiling point of water? You know, how it turns from liquid water to steam at 212F?
Erica: Yeah. So?
Me: Well if you boil the water and it gets to 212F it evaporates. It doesn't burn.
Erica: This is too complicated. I think I'm just going to make pizza.
Me: Are you sure? It's not really that hard. I can show you.
Erica: No. I'll make pizza. (pouts) I just wish the rice cooker wasn't broken.

Members don't see this ad.

#4 Erica ponders birth control

Erica: Oh my god! This guy I know from Vancouver is coming up this weekend. He is SO hot! He works at Starbucks. Every time I go home I go there just so I can drool over him. Anyway, I might get laid, so I have to start taking my birth control pills right now! Aughhh!!! (dances around)
Me: Erica, how long does it take your birth control pills to work after you start taking them?
Erica: Oh. Like a month.
Me: So what is the point of starting your birth control pills now?
Erica: Because I might get laid!!!!!!!
Me: Um, I hate to break it to you but they aren't going to help you out on Friday. You need to use a condom.
Erica: But guys don't like those. (rolls her eyes)
Me: They like babies even less. And you are using Retin-A so you could have a baby with birth defects.
Erica: That is why I need to start taking my birth control today.
(The guy never showed up, luckily).

Stay tuned for #5: Erica makes pot brownies

God, those Erica stories are hysterical. My college roommate was a pothead, too. Totally unmotivated to do anything except get high. Sort of like Towlie from South Park.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't have stupid roommate stories, just really mean and/or slutty stories... I'll be more than glad to share them though.

#5 Erica makes pot brownies

So, sometime during spring quarter Erica and Nirvana decided they wanted to make pot brownies. They were going as always to their friends house on High Street (yes, that is the real street name.) to do their thing. The problem was, their friends were male and owned nothing in the way of baking materials. And I was the only one in our suite who owned any. So they asked me if they could borrow my 9'x13' cake pan. I didn't exactly relish the idea od having my pan turned into drug paraphanelia. But I let them borrow it on the condition that they cleaned it thouroughly before they brought it back.

Before they left, Erica was online trying to figure out how to infuse the THC into the oil before baking as supposedly has to happen for the brownies to work correctly. She was having difficulty.

So later that day she and Nirvana came home complaining that the brownies got more baked than they did. Apparently Erica's research had not paid off and they had wasted $40 in pot. They also brought home the pan dirty and set it in the sink.

The next day I found the pan in the dish drying rack, with lots of brownie still attached, nearly all of it on the outside of the pan. So, I set it back in the sink, as a big hint that it was still dirty. When I got back from class, it was on the dryer again, so I stuck it in the sink again. I did this 3 more times, just for the hell of it. One morning, Erica was in the kitchen and says to me, "Is there something wrong with the sink or the counter or something? Because, this pan keeps falling in!" So I told her that I had put the pan in the sink because it was still dirty and I wanted to sepatare it from the clean stuff on the drying rack. And she was like "Oh, that makes sense. But, that stuff just won't come off no matter how much I scrub it. I think it's permanet." So I told her that if she filled the sink with water and soaked the pan in the sink, it would probably soften up the dried on stuff and make it clean up really easy. So she said she would do this before she left for class and let it sit for the day.

Ten minutes later, I walked into the kitchen. She had set the pan in the sink and filled the interior of the pan, not the sink, with water. All the gunk on the outside was getting absolutely no water contact. So I finally decided to screw it and just clean the pan myself.

It's not pot, but it's about alcohol.

I went home for the weekend from school. I wasn't suppose to get back until Sunday night, but I get back early at like 3:00 am on Sunday morning (Saturday night). My roomm ate is nowhere to be found. I find a red rose on my bed, which was very interesting. Then I happened to look down at my trash can and find it filled with vomit. Upon farther inspection, I find my bed sheets filled with vomit as well. Actually, I wouldn't really say vomit. More like alcohol with cracker chunks in it. 3 am in the morning and nowhere to sleep left me more than a little pissed. I had to stay up an additional two hours just to wash and dry my sheets and even after that they were still really nasty.

Come to find out that my roommate that it would be a good idea to bring her fifteen year old cousin on campus, get her stinky drunk, feed her a whole package of crackers when she got sick to her stomach and then stick her in my bed. And the rose was a "peace" offering.

BABY_GHOST said:
Hi everyone, Could u plz do me a favor?
I've just come to U.S (only 3 months). I intend to study Pharmacy and now i'm studying in HCC. AS an international student, i have to pay a very high cost. Therefore, I want to study the prerequisites in HCC to save money. May I study all of the prerequisites in HCC, then take the PCAT and enter the professional program ( if I'm accepted) or I have to study this at UH. Thx a lot for helping me :)

And what does this have to do with drug testing in pharm school??? :rolleyes:

Oh my god, sorry so much, I intend to open a new thread instead of post a reply . Sorry once again :) :D

I didn't see anyone who was chubby in that link. I saw a cute woman who was happy on her wedding day.

DrTdogg said:

wow... that was pretty rude. The chance of "Stupid Erica" falling upon this site and reading the things about her and actually figuring out that they ARE about her is most likely a million to one. The chance of Anna and the rest of the pharmacy board people seeing how much of a jackass you can be... well, that's pretty much guaranteed, now isnt's it?

And all I saw was a beautiful woman in that link anyways...

vafcarrot said:
wow... that was pretty rude. The chance of "Stupid Erica" falling upon this site and reading the things about her and actually figuring out that they ARE about her is most likely a million to one. The chance of Anna and the rest of the pharmacy board people seeing how much of a jackass you can be... well, that's pretty much guaranteed, now it's it?

And all I saw was a beautiful woman in that link anyways...

No, there isn't anything wrong with that picture, but I think what's pretty much guaranteed is that "what goes around, comes around." It's also pretty rude to talk about people behind their backs. Does it really matter that "erica" probably wouldn't read any of this stuff? What matters is that if you don't want people digging up your dirt, then you probably shouldn't be flinging others' dirt around either. Instead of making fun of her, why didn't you give her a referral card for the nearest drug rehab clinic? :rolleyes:

Roxicet said:
No, there isn't anything wrong with that picture, but I think what's pretty much guaranteed is that "what goes around, comes around." It's also pretty rude to talk about people behind their backs. Does it really matter that "erica" probably wouldn't read any of this stuff? What matters is that if you don't want people digging up your dirt, then you probably shouldn't be flinging others' dirt around either. Instead of making fun of her, why didn't you give her a referral card for the nearest drug rehab clinic? :rolleyes:

First of all, I don't think not being a size 2 qualifies as dirt for someone to dig up on you.

Anna was using the stories to add some comic relief to a somewhat intense thread. No one here knows Erica, but quite a few of us know Anna. Erica is some faceless person who does stupid things that are funny. She might as well have been a bob or a shelly or a christina. No one identifies with her because she is just a "character" in one of Anna's stories. If Dr T dogg's point was to say "it's not nice to talk about people behind their backs," he went about saying it in a horrible way.

And now the question of the day: Does being stupid make you take drugs or do the drugs make you stupid?

Thank you for your support, ladies. :) I am chubby now, though. If that is the best someone has to throw at me, I guess that is not too threatening. :D

I wonder how you feel about Raindrop's blog, Roxy. We all talk about life experiences on this forum. There is no expectation that people in our everyday lives are entitled not to be spoken of. I see that you think I am hypocritical for laughing at my pot smoking college roomate while advocating drug referrals for people with obvious meth problems. For whatever it's worth the differences are 1) Erica getting and smoking her pot off campus vs meth addicts using pharmacists to supply their materials, 2) meth being way worse than pot, 3) personal vs professional relationship, and 4) knowing Erica before I went into pharmacy.

To answer the question directly above: both. Mental illness predisposes people to drug abuse. But drug abuse leads to exacerbation of psychological problems or new problems for many. I guess you could insert stupidity in that statement and it would still fly.

Hey at least we are back on topic!

bananaface said:
Thank you for your support, ladies. :) I am chubby now, though. If that is the best someone has to throw at me, I guess that is not too threatening. :D

I wonder how you feel about Raindrop's blog, Roxy. We all talk about life experiences on this forum. There is no expectation that people in our everyday lives are entitled not to be spoken of. I see that you think I am hypocritical for laughing at my pot smoking college roomate while advocating drug referrals for people with obvious meth problems. For whatever it's worth the differences are 1) Erica getting and smoking her pot off campus vs meth addicts using pharmacists to supply their materials, 2) meth being way worse than pot, 3) personal vs professional relationship, and 4) knowing Erica before I went into pharmacy.

To answer the question directly above: both. Mental illness predisposes people to drug abuse. But drug abuse leads to exacerbation of psychological problems or new problems for many. I guess you could insert stupidity in that statement and it would still fly.

Hey at least we are back on topic!

1)You're exactly right, Anna. My biggest pet peeve in life is hypocrisy, which is why this whole situation irritated me.
2) You're not chubby.
3) meth is not way worse than pot. Pot was the "other woman" in my marriage, and ultimately broke up my marriage. I just couldn't compete and I had to get my children out of that situation. So a pot addiction needs serious intervention just as meth addiction does because it seriously affects people's lives.
4) I don't have a problem with raindrop's blog bc she's only venting her frustration at everyday happenings, and not trying to get a laugh at someone else's expense.
5) please don't post that picture of me from freshman year in highschool where I had crooked bangs and a unibrow. ;)

Irritated - past tense? :D

I guess I see meth in general as more problematic than pot because people using meth are much more likely to be hardcore than occasional users and to do things to physically hurt themselves and others while they are high. But, I would agree that any hardcore drug use can hurt people and families, including pot.

Erica was only stoned in story 2 and part of 4. The rest of the time she was just being an idiot, if that makes any difference.

bananaface said:
Erica was only stoned in story 2 and part of 4. The rest of the time she was just being an idiot, if that makes any difference.
That was the point I was trying to make about drugs and stupidity... which comes first? I guess if she wasn't on the drugs at the same she was being stupid, then being stupid does. Unless pot has a long lasting effect of dampening your intelligence. Which it may... I don't have any idea.

Oh yeah.. what happened to DrTdogg's post? :confused:

bananaface said:
What other hallucinogenic agents can you think of that are legally sold OTC, jd?

I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but marijuana is mainly a psychedelic, not a hallucinogen - two completely different things.

Oh yeah and diphenhydramine HCl and dextromethorphan HBr will both give you a pretty cosmic trip, and thats just off the shelf.