The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Bad Caiter, bad.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It still filters out my favorite four letter word.

Reactions: 2 users
@cdoconn please don't get yourself mod scolded. I can see this trend continuing to bad places. :nod:
I edited them now- I was curious. I'm done! :)

(Sorry if I caused any trouble mods, I'm usually a proper SDNer who didn't even know there WAS a filter because self-filterer everything to make sure)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm here! But I really should be going to bed. And I'm completely sober.

Y'all are missing out. This thread is much much more enjoyable when you have alcohol. I'm probably going to go to bed now- it's already 3 am (yikes).

Sleep is for the weak.

Or people who have healthier sleep schedules than me. Yay insomnia!

Reactions: 3 users
Update: ice cream is gone

I've just been observing in between working on my school project. I'm also starting to fall asleep on my laptop. Minimal sleep was had last night.

I have tea as well! Quite tasty.

The worst part of being single is having no one to bring you food at odd times when you run out/have cravings

That's all relationships are for right?

Reactions: 3 users
But what kind is it?
It was strawberry. :(

And yes @Caiter92 that's all relationships are for. except for when the guy texts you the day Thanksgiving to tell you that "I've been meaning to talk to you about this, but i'm just not feeling the sparks anymore- I think we should split up. But we can still be friends if you want" (men are the worst). only slightly bitter, I drink away the pain haha

It was strawberry. :(

And yes @Caiter92 that's all relationships are for. except for when the guy texts you the day Thanksgiving to tell you that "I've been meaning to talk to you about this, but i'm just not feeling the sparks anymore- I think we should split up. But we can still be friends if you want" (men are the worst).

My ex broke up with me by saying, "I woke up a few days ago and realized I just didn't care about you anymore." Sadly not the most hurtful thing he said during our relationship. Had a way with words, that one. And he never bought be food!

In conclusion, boys are stupid.

(Also, sorry hun :( )

My ex broke up with me by saying, "I woke up a few days ago and realized I just didn't care about you anymore." Sadly not the most hurtful thing he said during our relationship. Had a way with words, that one. And he never bought be food!

In conclusion, boys are stupid.

(Also, sorry hun :( )
It's totally okay. Yeah boys are stupid. Sorry about your stupid ex- clearly it was his loss.

It's totally okay. Yeah boys are stupid. Sorry about your stupid ex- clearly it was his loss.

Heh, it was four years ago. Now I just have a funny story to tell when people talk about break-ups :p

Now this thread is too serious. ;) I'm going to sleep so I can get up in the am hours tomorrow/today

I passed out mid-Elf and apparently missed all the fun!

I've never been drunk before. I've been tipsy (my sister's wedding + champagne comes to mind) but never drunk.
Canada trip let's get PBC ****faced plans are gooooo. (right @BeautifulBritishColumbia)

I despise rum with a passion so I'm not sure I would agree with you there. Whiskey on the other hand is great.
I'm ignoring your hurtful words about rum because they're wrong but rumchata doesn't really taste rummy. Just delicious.

Trilt has reminded me we have ghiradelli hot chocolate and baileys here. I am sure I can knock out the last 2.5 pages of the 5 page research paper with some baileys in me.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
:joyful:
Homemade? With cocoa? That is the best way to make it!
Gallon of milk, can of condensed milk, most of a bag of dark chocolate chips, dashes of vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg dumped into a crockpot. Let sit for at least an hour then apply favourite booze.
The better solution: always keep your house fully stocked with alcohol. It's sad, my house is always stocked enough to throw a 50 person house party and never have the house run dry on alcohol. But I never drink anymore because of PhD, BI gets drunk in like 1 glass of wine, my other two roommates lost their tolerance as well. So the alcohol just ends up mostly sitting there.

Dude you don't even know. I'm pretty sure I could send a whole STL-sized WW game to the hospital with the amount of booze we have.
my friends once threw a huge HP themed party and made actual alcoholic butterbeer (which is essentially just butterscotch vodka in regular butterbear, We then sorted everyone into houses and played quidditch pong with the houses playing each other with the butterbeer and other drinking games. Whenever a house lost, they had to take Jello shots of the house they were playing (four different flavors of Jello shots for the 4 different houses- the worst by far was my house, Ravenclaw, which was Berry Blue jello with vodka jello shots....

that was a very bad night. and everytime I think of butterscotch I get a really bad taste in my mouth.
This sounds amazing.
why don't we ever have vigilantes?? "vigilante — an innocent who may kill a player every night." and that's in addition to the lynches and wolf kills
We sometimes do!
If you are a wolf make sure to play WW decently sober. Your hangover would be made that much worse by being lynched for something you said the night before.
I've definitely closed a couple lynches heavily intoxicated. I'm just a very enthusiastic mod then!
Because you're at that miracle time of your life known as not-being-over-24
26 and I still don't get hangovers. My partner is 30 and always grumps at me.
I think for kicks we should have one quick play WW where the only catch is, you have to be drunk to play. No spreadsheets, no logic. Just gut intuition. it'd be fun/ a disaster
I've definitely thought of running a booze themed speed WW before. Just rare to get enough people free for good sized ones.

Reactions: 6 users
Not drunk but I got a nice buzz going. Just felt like sharing, you may all carry on with your saturday nights now.

And while I'm at it, want to say that that noobie WW thread is like reading a foreign language
Are you not playing? WHY AREN'T YOU PLAYING???

Edit: Ok, you are playing. Carry on.

I own the mafia game and the werewolf game lol

You would :p

Was trophy the word that caused you to lose. Because that'd be ironic
That's not irony. Irony would be if the word trophy won her the spelling bee!

I think for kicks we should have one quick play WW where the only catch is, you have to be drunk to play. No spreadsheets, no logic. Just gut intuition. it'd be fun/ a disaster
Drunk Speed WW? I'd run it. Lifetime designated driver as mod seems appropriate.

There is a filter! What word does it change? And the rest just become stars.
220px-Donkey_1_arp_750px.jpg
tumblr_inline_mrz75tSfq11qhqb9q.gif
changes to dingus

Fun fact about swear filters. You can usually get around them by putting some sort of text edit in the middle of the word.

Not that I would condone such behavior....
Good not to condone it, since it's technically against TOS to try to get around the swear filter ;)

That's all relationships are for right?
Can confirm

Update on my root beer drink: I took too long drinking it and now the bottom tastes distinctly vodka-y. Which means I have to downgrade my original ranking to 3.5/5 stars.
Not Your Father's brand is so much better

Life past 24 is great. You get to go to bed earlier, you save money by not going out all the time and buying alcohol, plus you're one step closer to your senior citizen discount.

Oh and birthdays outside of the decade markers lose all meaning
Sweet, I'm almost there

Y'all I think we lost BYOB

Sorry had an early wake up time today. Was fun while it lasted!

Mileage may vary. But don't worry that wall will come eventually

Canada trip let's get PBC ****faced plans are gooooo. (right @BeautifulBritishColumbia)

I'm ignoring your hurtful words about rum because they're wrong but rumchata doesn't really taste rummy. Just delicious.

:joyful:

Gallon of milk, can of condensed milk, most of a bag of dark chocolate chips, dashes of vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg dumped into a crockpot. Let sit for at least an hour then apply favourite booze.

Dude you don't even know. I'm pretty sure I could send a whole STL-sized WW game to the hospital with the amount of booze we have.

This sounds amazing.

We sometimes do!

I've definitely closed a couple lynches heavily intoxicated. I'm just a very enthusiastic mod then!

I've definitely thought of running a booze themed speed WW before. Just rare to get enough people free for good sized ones.
Your wedding had better get scheduled for May so we can make this happen. Call your cousin and tell them you've picked the date for them ;)

Life past 24 is great. You get to go to bed earlier, you save money by not going out all the time and buying alcohol, plus you're one step closer to your senior citizen discount.

Oh and birthdays outside of the decade markers lose all meaning
i told my friend from college this as we celebrated my 21st birthday (I'm 24 now and she's one year younger). I lamented the fact that after that year, there would be pretty much no more "important" birthday left for me other than decades and maybe 5-year markers (21 is drinking, 20 was a decade milestone, 19 i guess is last year of teen-hood, 18 is legal adulthood...etc). She was like "noooo, that's not true" but it's true, dammit! It's all downhill from 22 :p

i told my friend from college this as we celebrated my 21st birthday (I'm 24 now and she's one year younger). I lamented the fact that after that year, there would be pretty much no more "important" birthday left for me other than decades and maybe 5-year markers (21 is drinking, 20 was a decade milestone, 19 i guess is last year of teen-hood, 18 is legal adulthood...etc). She was like "noooo, that's not true" but it's true, dammit! It's all downhill from 22 :p

Doesn't mean you can't hit a few jumps on your way down the hill. Just that you'll feel them in your old person joints a little more

Reactions: 1 users
Next year you can rent a car for a reasonable price!

Reactions: 4 users