The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've only watched like...2 star wars movies and I'm not even sure which ones.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has he left yet? I thought he was leaving.

I really can't stand Clara much so I stopped watching but one of my friends convinced me to watch the latest season with her. Haven't finished it yet.
I don't know but I want him to step off of Doctor Who and Sherlock. Homeboy just can't write meaningful story arcs that end logically, whereas that was a huge strong point for Davies IMO. I think Moffat does really well with bottle episodes (he's written some of the best ones, like Blink, Forest of the Dead, Silence in the Library, Girl in the Fireplace) but he really lacks focus and direction for bigger stories, so he instead throws a lot of flair and confusion into things until there's no way in hell to fix it in a season finale.

Reactions: 1 users
Trilt is going beddy-byes and thinks that a time for star wars watching should be discussed. preferably after ~7:30-8PM EST on any weekdays.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm suddenly feeling that workout from this morning. This should go over well with being on my feet for a few hours tomorrow.

Behind the scenes aquarium tour though, so it's worth it :D

Reactions: 4 users
Trilt is going beddy-byes and thinks that a time for star wars watching should be discussed. preferably after ~7:30-8PM EST on any weekdays.
I'll add in that I prefer after ~5:30-6 PM MST if we watch on Tuesdays or Thursdays. Other days I'm free pretty much whenever.

I don't know but I want him to step off of Doctor Who and Sherlock. Homeboy just can't write meaningful story arcs that end logically, whereas that was a huge strong point for Davies IMO. I think Moffat does really well with bottle episodes (he's written some of the best ones, like Blink, Forest of the Dead, Silence in the Library, Girl in the Fireplace) but he really lacks focus and direction for bigger stories, so he instead throws a lot of flair and confusion into things until there's no way in hell to fix it in a season finale.
Blink was the first episode I ever watched

But yes, agree on all points.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also is doctor who the one with the gas masks and the British boy asking everyone "are you my mummy?"

Also I want to add that if I have to specifically request a bottle episode I want one by Neil Gaiman over Moffat tbh. Because Gaiman's are always so creative!
That's because Neil Gaiman is a ****ing genius.

I know doctor who has a tardis but have no clue what it is for and i know theres a dalek, but again not a clue what it is, and theres some sort of little pen looking thing. that is the extent of my knowledge. ooh and a guy with bow ties.

I know doctor who has a tardis but have no clue what it is for and i know theres a dalek, but again not a clue what it is, and theres some sort of little pen looking thing. that is the extent of my knowledge. ooh and a guy with bow ties.
No! It's a sonic screwdriver that makes weird noises!

Although I have to say I think Midnight is one of my favorite Doctor Who episodes ever. Great villain that you never see, know anything about, or hear from again.

Incidentally also a Moffat episode and also a bottle episode lol

Bruh I love Neil Gaiman I know how amazing he is. Preaching to the choir here. ;)
I finally got around to reading American Gods last year. For the longest time I was this huge Gaiman fan who had never actually read any of his books - just some short stories, and then seen movie/TV things.

Stardust is my favorite movie but I still haven't read the book because I've heard it's quite different and I don't want to be disappointed.

The Dalek is the thing that looks like an r2d2 on steroids, right?

The only thing you need to know is that the Cyber Men ****ing suck and you should try to skip as many of those episodes as possible

No! It's a sonic screwdriver that makes weird noises!
PEN. LOOKING. THING.
ee4a_sonic_screwdriver_remote.jpg

I finally got around to reading American Gods last year. For the longest time I was this huge Gaiman fan who had never actually read any of his books - just some short stories, and then seen movie/TV things.

Stardust is my favorite movie but I still haven't read the book because I've heard it's quite different and I don't want to be disappointed.
It's different but really good. I recommend it.

Also I really like his short stories. But I've always been a big short story fan anyway