The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got excited "ooh! Maybe mine is cancelled?"View attachment 213579
Nope.

Meanwhile over here
ImageUploadedBySDN1484759252.852009.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
It's not being humble, it's being completely secure in the knowledge that a couple days on this thread will accomplish the same goal. :p
How high do you want to get on that list though?

Also @SkiOtter , @finnickthedog amd I checked last night. The drunk thread has surpassed the Rave thread and all WW threads. The only one left is the rant thread, and we have 1/2 the posts they have.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They have 32,259 replies, and we have 16,543. Clearly we have work to do
Considering this went from like 30 pages to over 300 in less than a month, I feel like we'll pass them soon enough :p

Well we were trying to make byob read us a bedtime story and when he was too shy, they got me. :p

Don't tell lies Trout, I didn't want to read it so you volunteered in order to persuade me

I parked on the fourth floor of the parking garage today and as I was walking to the elevator and maybe 20 feet out someone was getting in. I said "hold the elevator!" And he looked at me and started pushing the close button. Me being the angry person who hates people that I am, I ran down the stairs pushing the elevator call button on every floor. It was 100% worth it.

Reactions: 9 users
I parked on the fourth floor of the parking garage today and as I was walking to the elevator and maybe 20 feet out someone was getting in. I said "hold the elevator!" And he looked at me and started pushing the close button. Me being the angry person who hates people that I am, I ran down the stairs pushing the elevator call button on every floor. It was 100% worth it.
I approve and would totally do that too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought I liked the cold until it didn't get above 20 for a month and was often negative with wind chill. I have now decided I hate the cold.

I still like snow. But on mountains. Where it belongs.

I hate everyone.
Believe me, this 37 here is weird for us. Two winters ago, it was like -14 help

The school district where I live was cancelled yesterday because the roads were sheets of 2 inch thick ice because it rained all day and night Monday and then got cold at night so it froze. But when they cancel, my school district wouldn't cancel unless there were like 8 inches of snow and it was still coming and the plows couldn't move quick enough before it was piled back up. We also occasionally would get "cold days" when the windchill was -35 ew

I thought I liked the cold until it didn't get above 20 for a month and was often negative with wind chill. I have now decided I hate the cold.

I still like snow. But on mountains. Where it belongs.
There have been a couple winters the past few years where it didn't get above 20 for THREE months. It was horrendous.

Reactions: 1 user
Believe me, this 37 here is weird for us. Two winters ago, it was like -14 help

The school district where I live was cancelled yesterday because the roads were sheets of 2 inch thick ice because it rained all day and night Monday and then got cold at night so it froze. But when they cancel, my school district wouldn't cancel unless there were like 8 inches of snow and it was still coming and the plows couldn't move quick enough before it was piled back up. We also occasionally would get "cold days" when the windchill was -35 ew
Oh, I know I'm being a total baby. I think the coldest it's been is -8 with windchill.

There have been a couple winters the past few years where it didn't get above 20 for THREE months. It was horrendous.
Dislike. My boss told me his first year here it didn't stop snowing until mid-March and didn't warm up enough to melt all the way until late-April. Told him I am transferring to Florida if that happens :p

Dislike. My boss told me his first year here it didn't stop snowing until mid-March and didn't warm up enough to melt all the way until late-April. Told him I am transferring to Florida if that happens :p
Yep that sounds like how Michigan is some years. One year there was still ice on Lake Superior into JUNE. I think it was the 2013-2014 winter. Which that year, Lake Michigan was 90% frozen over. Usual ice cover is 40%.

It says 52 but my shirt and shorts say otherwise

Yep that sounds like how Michigan is some years. One year there was still ice on Lake Superior into JUNE. I think it was the 2013-2014 winter. Which that year, Lake Michigan was 90% frozen over. Usual ice cover is 40%.
Ewww

I just have this outside my building. This was two weeks ago and it now reaches the ground and is wider all the way down.

IMG_3625.JPG

Just catching up on thread but:
  • You haven't truly suffered until you've read a Snagrid fic
  • Or a Hermione/any of the magical creatures
  • Someone send me the Snarry fic, I want to read and determine where it falls on the fanfic scale of terrible to tremendous lol
  • I just got out of my epidemiology field methods class so if any of you sinners get gonorrhea I've probably got you covered

Reactions: 4 users
Just catching up on thread but:
  • You haven't truly suffered until you've read a Snagrid fic
  • Or a Hermione/any of the magical creatures
  • Someone send me the Snarry fic, I want to read and determine where it falls on the fanfic scale of terrible to tremendous lol
  • I just got out of my epidemiology field methods class so if any of you sinners get gonorrhea I've probably got you covered
What I take from this is that from now on every night someone has to take a turn reading us a HP-fanfic bedtime story.

Also this is a super random and creepy question but do you have a myfitnesspal account with the same username? I found someone last night with the same username as you when I was reading their forums and got really confused about where I was for a second. :laugh:

I was a responsible adult for all of a half hour and now am drinking schnapps while I watch my online nutrition lecture. It is improving the experience immensely.

Also this is a super random and creepy question but do you have a myfitnesspal account with the same username? I found someone last night with the same username as you when I was reading their forums and got really confused about where I was for a second.
Yes. I am extremely easy to stalk around the internet, because I use the same username pretty much everywhere, and no one else uses it anywhere.

Yes. I am extremely easy to stalk around the internet, because I use the same username pretty much everywhere, and no one else uses it anywhere.
I figured as much. I promise I wasn't trying to stalk you, I was just reading old threads and noticed the first person to reply to the one I was reading was you