The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's actually not that the soil doesn't support digging deep, it's that you don't have to dig very deep to lay a foundation in the first place. Up north you're required to lay a foundation below the frost line in the soil, which can be 3-4 feet deep or more depending on the area, so digging out a few extra feet to put in a basement isn't a big deal and it's commonly done. In north Texas/Oklahoma you have to dig down maybe 18" to lay a foundation, so it's a lot more work to dig out and install a basement and it makes it more expensive to do so.
Plus clay soil means your basement walls will crack all the time even if you did dig them out.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When y'all are done you should check out Hogwarts School of Prayer and Miracles. Someone rewrote HP to be wholesome and align with Christian values.
I think I've seen some of that before. Is that the one where the author was clearly in love with Snape?

Now revised to be alcoholic chocolate mint pudding.
When your mom wants to use up all the remaining liquor in both bottles and only made two cups of pudding to dilute it with: I have a buzz off two bites of this thing.

Very yummy, but it needs to go back in the fridge until after dinner.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think I've seen some of that before. Is that the one where the author was clearly in love with Snape?
They do describe his chest hair a lot, but most of it is about how Slytherins are Catholics and Harry learns that prayers solve all manner of evils.

Also Voldemort is writing to Congress to make Christianity illegal.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got home. Remind the previously-very-sleepy-Trilt whether we're doing Star Wars or not tonight - we are because C3DO is around, right?
She IS around, just not currently at the moment. She thought she wouldn't be, but yesterday night she realized she would be. So yes to a star war.

Reactions: 1 user
They do describe his chest hair a lot, but most of it is about how Slytherins are Catholics and Harry learns that prayers solve all manner of evils.

Dumbledore's Army fighting in the War on Christmas

She IS around, just not currently at the moment. She thought she wouldn't be, but yesterday night she realized she would be. So yes to a star war.
Good

I also discovered how to pass the remote (so, ability to find videos or select things or whatnot) around on rabbit, so you guys aren't nearly as dependent on me as I thought.

OK yes that's the one, I only remember the chest hair stuff

Reactions: 1 user
well, the dinner was longer than expected. Mainly because the business profs couldn't stop saying how much better us vet students made their lives (apparently vet students make better business students than their own business students). Really good dinner though and now I'm officially done with my graduate business minor! :soexcited:

Reactions: 8 users
Sorry I'm missing the fun tonight guys, I took a nap and didn't wake up until 7:45, and I should probably actually be productive tonight. And going back a few pages:
You haven't truly suffered until you've read a Snagrid fic
The worst I've ever read was Voldemort/Pikachu. :laugh: But I used to be pretty into HP fic and there is some seriously good stuff out there (just not with the weird ships, obviously). Also for future reference next time we play CAH, the "Harry Potter erotica" card is an automatic win for me. :thumbup:

Rabb.it is the greatest because skiotter and I are watching Monty Python together and quoting it all

Theater in town is doing a bad movie night in a month and tickets are $6. They also do free cartoons on the weekends with a $5 all you can eat cereal bar. So tempted to buy all the tickets. :thinking:

Reactions: 6 users
Forgot to post this on the movie spreadsheet earlier and I'm on mobile now so I can't but we should all get drunk and watch The Gay Deceivers (1969) if only so we can watch this exchange in context:

Forgot to post this on the movie spreadsheet earlier and I'm on mobile now so I can't but we should all get drunk and watch The Gay Deceivers (1969) if only so we can watch this exchange in context:

TBH I'd probably watch this sober if the entire movie is made up of exchanges like this.

Ohhhh! It's my one year SDN birthday!
635985193093131577-1038575920_93c7071a-ae00-4894-a163-f09d0bc03a01_text.gif

(Maybe I'm not longer a fetus/ quail egg? Just an idea)

Reactions: 8 users