The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Stop subtweeting Marius
Yeah, talk trash about him to his face like the rest of us

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Marius is pretty amazing but also pretty idiotic.

Also, if a girl meets a guy and they've barely been together, I hardly think it appropriate for her father just to leave and leave her in his care.
But that's what happens when what was right seems wrong, and what was wrong seems riiiiight

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@SkiOtter I made this for us, twlover! :love::biglove:

image.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
So I have a simple request! If we're ever in the middle of a revolution and getting fired at while guarding a barricade, if I get shot, don't sing to me while I die- try to save me instead, okay?
Song is essential to combat.

This is perfect! It looks like my 5 year old niece drew it! Love you cdo :love:
Oh harsh. I liked this but then I unliked it, for emphasis. You try drawing on an iPad with a fat stylus. :bored:

I was actually really proud of my red panda- otter drawing. I spent like an hour on it. :(

My mom called to remind me not to get hit by any drunk drivers on my way home. Me: :rolleyes::hilarious::love:

Thanks mom.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh harsh. I liked this but then I unliked it, for emphasis. You try drawing on an iPad with a fat stylus. :bored:

I was actually really proud of my red panda- otter drawing. I spent like an hour on it. :(
I love it. :love:

I used to draw horses. My mom has a drawing on her wall from when I was 14, and it's the most embarrassing thing. I want to steal it and *accidently* drop it in a fire. Your skills far surpass mine, cdo :thumbup:

Reactions: 4 users

I used to draw horses. My mom has a drawing on her wall from when I was 14, and it's the most embarrassing thing. I want to steal it and *accidently* drop it in a fire. Your skills far surpass mine, cdo :thumbup:
*Somebody* appreciates it. Luckily I died early in the noob game so I didn't have to make those for 2 weeks hahahaha. I never claimed to be good at drawing, just not as terrible as Coopah makes me out to be :(:unsure:

We should dig up W2VM's old creativity thread :thinking:

Also, if we're pulling up old poetry I gotta find the one I made when I was 17. That was dark stuff for me.
13 year old PBC had some oddly patriotic poetry. I don't know what phase I was going through. I should dig some up. I'll show mine if you show yours!

Reactions: 5 users
Also, maybe I'll just PM you. I just found it and this **** is too horribly depressing to go on the main thread.
I'll send you cute kittens to help balance out the energy of the pm thread.

*Somebody* appreciates it. Luckily I died early in the noob game so I didn't have to make those for 2 weeks hahahaha. I never claimed to be good at drawing, just not as terrible as Coopah makes me out to be :(:unsure:

Hey its not terrible! I told you I loved it and I do! My niece is OCD and an excellent artist. Besides you invited me by paging me :p

So pregnancy is about the only time I really dream. I had a cool one last night.

I, for some reason, got to do a student exchange (or something, not clear on the details of why I got the opportunity to go) at a wizarding school. It was the last month of school, and in this case, possibly the last month of the school's existence. The founder was retiring. His death was a fortold thing and so he wanted a year off before the end just to reflect and write and soak up the beauty of being.

It was a fun month. I got to see so many things that I know science is just yearning to discover and explore and that my rational mind couldn't help but try to figure out the natural mechanisms and physics behind their creation and use.

Anyway, the meat of the story:

The final day rolls around. Everybody is getting into their graduating robes and gathering final projects and gifts for the outgoing headmaster... something I had barely thought about since I only heard about it the day before.

I had spent the morning out in the menagerie and was racing back to my room to get dressed and hop in line with all the others. I forgot how to get in my room again, but luckily, I apparently sucked at shutting it properly, so after fumbling with the lock for a minute, I realized I could just push it open.

A minute later, one of my friends in the class rushes in to scoop me up before I am late and realizes I made nothing. (I was some sort of weird exchange student, what?) She guides me through the rules for a rush project: One item is to be made with magic, with a matching item that is handmade. (Most students made a set at the beginning of their studies and one at the end to show their growth. The semi-awake part of my dream self thought about how funny it would be to submit my baby and a magic doll version...) Plus, a gift for the headmaster.

My only thought for the project had been to make a fancy balloon animal and a matching, floating, glowing image of the same creature. But, apparently a bunch of other people had half assed balloon projects too. (The science of helium is cool in magic lands...)

So I made a set of bookends. One a magic forged wizard statue with a staff that glowed on command and the other a statue I quick carved from a block of wood. In the arms of the second statue, I placed my gift: a potion that would help the headmaster live on stronger in the memories of those who loved him.

Ends up, the potion was a screw up. It actually made the headmaster live on as long as he was remembered. And the headmaster turned out to be Merlin. Everybody remembers Merlin, right?

Like I said, a lot more went into this story, prophesy and what not, but it amused me enough to share it.

Hopefully that amused somebody else too.

Reactions: 6 users
So pregnancy is about the only time I really dream. I had a cool one last night.

I, for some reason, got to do a student exchange (or something, not clear on the details of why I got the opportunity to go) at a wizarding school. It was the last month of school, and in this case, possibly the last month of the school's existence. The founder was retiring. His death was a fortold thing and so he wanted a year off before the end just to reflect and write and soak up the beauty of being.

It was a fun month. I got to see so many things that I know science is just yearning to discover and explore and that my rational mind couldn't help but try to figure out the natural mechanisms and physics behind their creation and use.

The final day rolls around. Everybody is getting into their graduating robes and gathering final projects and gifts for the outgoing headmaster... something I had barely thought about since I only heard about it the day before.

I had spent the morning out in the menagerie and was racing back to my room to get dressed and hop in line with all the others. I forgot how to get in my room again, but luckily, I apparently sucked at shutting it properly, so after fumbling with the lock for a minute, I realized I could just push it open.

A minute later, one of my friends in the class rushes in to scoop me up before I am late and realizes I made nothing. (I was some sort of weird exchange student, what?) She guides me through the rules for a rush project: One item is to be made with magic, with a matching item that is handmade. (Most students made a set at the beginning of their studies and one at the end to show their growth. The semi-awake part of my dream self thought about how funny it would be to submit my baby and a magic doll version...) Plus, a gift for the headmaster.

My only thought for the project had been to make a fancy balloon animal and a matching, floating, glowing image of the same creature. But, apparently a bunch of other people had half assed balloon projects too. (The science of helium is cool in magic lands...)

So I made a set of bookends. One a magic forged wizard statue with a staff that glowed on command and the other a statue I quick carved from a block of wood. In the arms of the second statue, I placed my gift: a potion that would help the headmaster live on stronger in the memories of those who loved him.

Ends up, the potion was a screw up. It actually made the headmaster live on as long as he was remembered. And the headmaster turned out to be Merlin. Everybody remembers Merlin, right?

Like I said, a lot more went into this story, prophesy and what not, but it amused me enough to share it.

Hahahaha I LOVE it!'

Reactions: 1 user

So you time traveled right?

So you time traveled right?
Must have, because people remember Merlin now and through the bulk of the story he was basically a Hollywood style star.

People wore clothes from many different eras though, so whether everybody travelled through time to go to the school vs if it is just in a place outside of time :shrug: (or, maybe that was just the fashion...)

My recurring dream series is kinda based on a bit from the Wheel of Time Series, but in a way that nobody would spot it unless I used the vocabulary from the books.

I went a little nuts for a bit in high school and started to wonder if parts of those dreams were real because of how much they intersected with real life and how often I would dream about something before it would happen in exact detail. There were so many times I assumed people were playing some sort of elaborate joke on me by repeating mundane conversations and actions, until I started writing down the dreams and then watching them happen.

(So I rarely dream, but when I do, either the events happen later or it tends to be part of this recurring dream story or, during pregnancy, I get to have movie grade, story dreams)

*takes notes for future novel*

What is this new avatar of yours???????? that is not a bear!!

It confused me at first when I saw it because no bear:laugh:
Ha, ski ninja'd me. But for real. What is this