The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
so its autoerotic asphyxiation if you do it to yourself, but what is it when someone else does it? Bierotic? Dierotic? These are the kinds of questions I want answered
Well then it's just plain old murder

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Apparently it's just erotic asphyxiation! No need for the auto when you're with a partner.

Don't worry I got you.
The term auto identifies it as self, if someone else does it I think it's just boring old erotic asphyxiation
after some quick wiki-ing, I think I have decided to go with heteroerotic asphyxiation

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When you go too deep into Wikipedia....

Attachments

• 2017-02-22.png
    2017-02-22.png
    251.7 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: 3 users
Fun story: one time my brother and I were wrestling and he started choking me and I tapped out and asked him to stop and he kept choking me and I blacked out.

Actually, that's not a fun story, really. I was like 12.

Second rejection and I'm dreading my IS school response so I decided garbage tier bourbon was the best solution! Ugh I'm seriously considering just moving back to Orlando if I don't get in anywhere this year.

Took me three tries bro, hope you get some good news there :xf:

She once said she would make Bear into a rug, after all
If you come with me I promise to never ask your gender and also to turn you into a lovely rug that is a tasteful centerpiece that I can pleasure many lovers on
He would make a wonderful rug though. Can't blame her.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also someone actually gets drunk and posts here and we don't encourage them to make more bad decisions. Cmon people

Localized and vigorous lotion application is just going to make the carpet stain itself

Don't think carpets can stain themselves, but you would end up with a larger stain

Reactions: 2 users
They already made a bad decision by coming here in the middle of a conversation about sexy choking

That's why we get them to post more so that doesn't seem like such a bad decision

I have nothing siginificant to add to the conversation about sexy choking...other than it would seriously freak me out since I have trouble just wearing a tie.

Reactions: 4 users
I have nothing siginificant to add to the conversation about sexy choking...other than it would seriously freak me out since I have trouble just wearing a tie.
I respect that you want to add to this weird conversation. :thumbup:

Also, I agree with you, if somebody tried to choke me during sex that would be over so fast lol. I'm not participating in that

Reactions: 3 users
Y'all need to be posting in C/O 2021 so we can catch up to 2020.

Actually . . . keep this conversation in the bar. I changed my mind.

Real question here- is there any merit/ purpose for getting certified for undergrad things?

I got an email yesterday, and apparently my school is one of the few schools accredited by the American Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB) (my major), and since I'm a senior, I have the ability to become a certified Biochemist through them. Is there any actual value to this? Or just a waste of time?

Real question here- is there any merit/ purpose for getting certified for undergrad things?

I got an email yesterday, and apparently my school is one of the few schools accredited by the American Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB) (my major), and since I'm a senior, I have the ability to become a certified Biochemist through them. Is there any actual value to this? Or just a waste of time?
Sometimes.

I have a bunch of certifications and some of them are impressive because people know the work that had to go in to get those. Other times, people have no clue, even within the field and question why it is on my resume. As soon as I explain a bit more, most of those people change tune to "Holy crap! That is a lot of work and I think I have heard of that."

I kinda think of it like a Girl Scout Gold Award. To a lot of people it means nothing. To the right person, it can mean a job offer. (But part of this depends on how valuable it feels to you. If you have no plans to be a Biochemist or work in a completely related field, can you spin it so that it shows the work you put in to your degree and have it benefit you on a resume somehow...

I don't know. How useful does it feel to you?

Sometimes.

I have a bunch of certifications and some of them are impressive because people know the work that had to go in to get those. Other times, people have no clue, even within the field and question why it is on my resume. As soon as I explain a bit more, most of those people change tune to "Holy crap! That is a lot of work and I think I have heard of that."

I kinda think of it like a Girl Scout Gold Award. To a lot of people it means nothing. To the right person, it can mean a job offer. (But part of this depends on how valuable it feels to you. If you have no plans to be a Biochemist or work in a completely related field, can you spin it so that it shows the work you put in to your degree and have it benefit you on a resume somehow...

I don't know. How useful does it feel to you?
I'm really not sure how I feel, honestly. I feel that if I go into research instead of what I'm thinking of now (surgery/ ECC) it could be beneficial. I'm just kinda testing the waters to see how I feel about it.

Last edited: