dry erase board during the test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zeuscorey2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
1) Will we 100% have on of these during the test? (The reason I ask is my friend just took a test at the prometric center I will be using and said not one person there had a dry erase board and that they gave her paper, but it was a different test.)

2) What does the board look like? What about the markers, are they super fine point so they write like a pen or not too fine point and more like a marker?

3) Are you allowed to write on it before the test starts? Say to setup the grids for cube counting or diagrams for hole punches?

Members don't see this ad.

1) Will we 100% have on of these during the test? (The reason I ask is my friend just took a test at the prometric center I will be using and said not one person there had a dry erase board and that they gave her paper, but it was a different test.)
You get two laminated pieces of paper.
2) What does the board look like? What about the markers, are they super fine point so they write like a pen or not too fine point and more like a marker?
You get two of the fine tipped dry erase markers.
3) Are you allowed to write on it before the test starts? Say to setup the grids for cube counting or diagrams for hole punches?
Yes, you can right on it before the test starts. I had left over time on NS so I went ahead and drew one grid for hole punch (just in case) and one for cube counting.
Erasing can cause smudges and be a hassle, so be aware of that. Some centers could be different. But what I have mentioned is the typical protocol.

Erasing can cause smudges and be a hassle, so be aware of that. Some centers could be different. But what I have mentioned is the typical protocol.

My eraser looked like a mouse and many time during exam I moved the eraser instead of computer mouse :eek:.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the DAT 3 days ago and was given 2 dry erase sheets. Overall they are not as horrible as they make us think they are. the markers arent super fine point (tips as thick as sharpies), but overall not too horrible. And yes you can write on the sheet whenever you want. In fact I suggest you use the 15 minute break to write down all the formula's you may need for QR. In this way you wont have to worry about forgetting stuff, and you can save yourself valuable time by not having to think about formulas (IE. memorize the trig function values for 30, 45, 60, 90, and 180 and write them down)

I took the DAT 3 days ago and was given 2 dry erase sheets. Overall they are not as horrible as they make us think they are. the markers arent super fine point (tips as thick as sharpies), but overall not too horrible. And yes you can write on the sheet whenever you want. In fact I suggest you use the 15 minute break to write down all the formula's you may need for QR. In this way you wont have to worry about forgetting stuff, and you can save yourself valuable time by not having to think about formulas (IE. memorize the trig function values for 30, 45, 60, 90, and 180 and write them down)

cant you also do that at the beginning during the tutorial?

Theres a link to the place where you can purchase them is on my blog.

Yes, you can also write on it during the tutorial. So pretty much as soon as you sit in that cubical

oh ok thats good then, just write on your sheets everything you remember before arriving at the test site, all formulas constants everything, write small and u should be good for the whole test! lol