DSA in Pain Management

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bulewold

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I work with C-Arm manufacturer and we've been seeing a big spike in request for DSA option from pain management doctors. We're used to selling 12" DSA system to practices that does vascular but this is a new trend in 2018 and not sure why.

Has there been any changes in Pain Management where they are requiring or suggesting to have DSA even for typical injection procedures?

Would love to understand this new mystery. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I work with C-Arm manufacturer and we've been seeing a big spike in request for DSA option from pain management doctors. We're used to selling 12" DSA system to practices that does vascular but this is a new trend in 2018 and not sure why.

Has there been any changes in Pain Management where they are requiring or suggesting to have DSA even for typical injection procedures?

Would love to understand this new mystery. Thank you!
DSA may be useful to prove that one is practicing within the standard of care when doing transforaminal ESI. All this is debatable, but I always used it.

There was a time, during cervical transforaminal injections using particulate steroids, that it had a valuable use- detecting radiculomedullary artery injections. However with the conversion to non-particulate steroids, the use of DSA is not necessary. DSA employs 10-30 times the radiation of conventional low dose or pulse x-rays.

Reactions: 6 users