dual ACCREDITED IM internships in OK & TX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stochastic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have searched for a list of dual accredited (i.e. AOA & ACGME) internal medicine internships and can't find it. I have seen that others have asked on SDN for such a list before and haven't gotten one. Usually someone just spouts off which ones they know about in their state or surrounding states. So whoever knows about dual accredited IM internships in Oklahoma and Texas, could you please list them? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

look at http://opportunities.aoa-net.org/index.htm and search for internships in texas and oklahoma that are dually accredited. There is a check box for dually accredited only or something like that. You should be able to find what you are looking for (if any exist in texas and oklahoma)

gl

jd

I looked and there are no dually accredited IM internships listed on the opportunities site.

+pad+

jd

Members don't see this ad :)
i have heard that the plaza im program is in the process of getting dual-accred (going from aoa only program to aoa and acgme program). you might want to contact the program to see where this process is if you're interested.

Using the AOA Opportunities search engine, I came up with two internships that were dual accredited, and both are traditional.

Charlton Methodist Hospital Ft. Worth, TX
Texas Tech Univ Hlth Sci Ctr Lubbock, TX

Do you all thing every AOA accredited program would be on the AOA Opportunities site?

stochastic said:
Using the AOA Opportunities search engine, I came up with two internships that were dual accredited, and both are traditional.

Charlton Methodist Hospital Ft. Worth, TX
Texas Tech Univ Hlth Sci Ctr Lubbock, TX

Do you all thing every AOA accredited program would be on the AOA Opportunities site?

I thought you were looking for IM internships... those are TRIs - not quite the same thing.

I would think (if the AOA were on top of its game, which is a question all to itself) all the internships would be on the opportunities site - of course we don't really have any way of knowing that, do we?

jd