Dual application to Post-bacc programs AND medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LetMeInnn

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's my story..
Graduated undergrad with a 2.9 sgpa and 3.0 cgpa. I wasn't consistently "bad", my last 2-3 years were 3.5+. I finished my degree in 5 years but took an extra year of sciences and I still ended up with a 2.9 sgpa, THEN I graduated. I applied to medical school last year and got rejected.
Now.. I was told to take some science classes and ideally get a 4.0 in them, so I'm doing a 1 year informal plan and aiming for a 4.0. (Took the mcat, got a 506)
I plan to apply to medical school again next year but in that gap year I also want to enroll in a post-bacc program so that if I don't get into medical school, I'll have done something in my gap year unlike the first time around.
My question is.. if a certain school has both a medical school and a post-bacc program, is it frowned upon to apply to the same medical school while I'm in that program? Would they be cool with me dropping then entering their medical class the next matriculation year? Or any better advice?

Members don't see this ad.