X

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psychlover711

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
X

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My program has a couple options to receive a dual degree. The ones that looked interesting to me were the Master of Laws, Master of Higher Education, and Master of Public Health. I read a lot of MD threads, but does anyone have any experience or perspective on what practical opportunities would be available to someone in one of these programs alongside a DMD? Thanks!

Master of law could help if you’re trying to become the CEO of a corporate dental firm. Public health would help with public health geared research, and masters of education would be beneficial if one wanted to teach. They’re also kind of resume builders for residencies but I’m not sure how much weight they carry.

Many dental residency directors have an MPH. Many dental school faculty have a masters in education, and could be a fast track to administration. If it is not going to take up too much of your time, it seems like a good idea. Never know when it will come in handy. Personally, I think an MBA would be most useful.

Reactions: 1 user