Dual Enrollment Affecting my Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorofDab

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I got a quick question as I am applying this cycle.
In high school I took Calc I and Calc II at a local community high school as dual enrollment because I had to take a math class and I really did try extremely hard but unfortunately I ended up with C's.
I decided back in high school to NOT transfer the credits/GPA to my 4 year undergraduate because I did not want them on my transcript of course. I noticed on the application that I have to enter in these grades, but I am wondering as to how/why they can or would affect my status as an applicant. I am thinking that since I did not even transfer them, will they factor into my current GPA? They only counted into my high school GPA so far. Do I even include them since I never transferred them past high school?
Thanks everyone and good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

They will factor into your GPA but if you are applying after junior year of college you'll be applying with at least 90 college credits plus those 6 for a total of 96 credits and a maximum of 384 quality points. Calc 1 and 2 are 8 of those possible quality points in the denominator (and 4 in the numerator) meaning that they contribute about to about 2% of your GPA. If you apply after senior year, they will account for an even smaller fraction of total GPA.

The GPA is also broken out by academic year with HS GPA shown separately. Reviewers will see that and will see your college record and not worry too much about a 2.0 GPA in HS if you have shown high academic achievement in college.

Don't worry about this. List it and move on.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you!! I have around a 72 or around there if my memory is working right on the LizzyM score so I think I have a shot as an applicant. In any case, thanks for the explanation-it cleared up a lot of confusion for me. You aren't so evil after all ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user