MyGoalIsMD

one way to stand out...
10+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2008
The Boondocks, Louisiana
www.myspace.com
Status
Pre-Medical
I attended a VERY small private school (5 people graduated with me) -which in turn offered little to no classes to chose from-. I graduated a year early and in order to do so I had to attend community college during the summer after my sophomore year. I took A&P in order to have enough credits to graduate. I took this class before I had taken basic biology and ended up with a 3.0 in the lecture and a 2.0 in the lab. I am concerned whether this will be looked at by medical school admission committees in terms of my GPA. I had not elected to obtain college credit from it, but my undergrad institution required the credits to transfer. This has left me with a 3.75 after my first semester of college. Without these credits, I have a 4.0 (my fall term GPA). Will they include those four credits I received during high school or only look at my courses after HS graduation?

scarletgirl777

10+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
Status
Medical Student
I attended a VERY small private school (5 people graduated with me) -which in turn offered little to no classes to chose from-. I graduated a year early and in order to do so I had to attend community college during the summer after my sophomore year. I took A&P in order to have enough credits to graduate. I took this class before I had taken basic biology and ended up with a 3.0 in the lecture and a 2.0 in the lab. I am concerned whether this will be looked at by medical school admission committees in terms of my GPA. I had not elected to obtain college credit from it, but my undergrad institution required the credits to transfer. This has left me with a 3.75 after my first semester of college. Without these credits, I have a 4.0 (my fall term GPA). Will they include those four credits I received during high school or only look at my courses after HS graduation?
Everything is included, but as long as you do well in college, it will not matter.

About the Ads