Due date on Secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrPain

OHSU 2010 WooHoo!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I havent recieved any yet but i'm trying to determine if I will have enough time to recieve all my LOR from prof. without passing the due date on secondaries. So are their due dates and if so how much time is given for completion?

Members don't see this ad.

Most secondaries aren't officially "due" until like November, December or even January... but it's extremely foolish to wait that long. You shouldn't have any problems as long as your letter writers can finish up in the next month or month and a half. Your goal should just be to have everything submitted well before the august MCAT people are complete (their scores are released in october, I believe).

Most secondaries are due two weeks after you receive them from what I've seen. That is, if they have a due date. Some will just give you the final deadline, which is like November or something. But that is just the due date on the secondary, the LORs can come in later if they must.

Members don't see this ad :)
willthatsall said:
Most secondaries are due two weeks after you receive them from what I've seen. That is, if they have a due date. Some will just give you the final deadline, which is like November or something. But that is just the due date on the secondary, the LORs can come in later if they must.

Thanks guys. Really helpful.

willthatsall said:

Those damn LOR commitees take so long. Damn them and the power they wield.