Duke 2nd look

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChocolateKiss

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who recently got accepted at Duke, does the acceptance packet include any information about when 2nd look weekend is and if they offer reimbursement for travel?

Members don't see this ad.

I called a little while back, and I am pretty sure they said it was March 31-April 2. I have no idea if they pay for expenses.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder why they didn't just put it in the acceptance packet...March 31 doesn't give a lot of time to get good airfare prices.

Who's planning on going?

Chinorean said:
I wonder why they didn't just put it in the acceptance packet...March 31 doesn't give a lot of time to get good airfare prices.

Who's planning on going?

I will be there for sure. I'm hoping they will show us a little bit more than what I saw at the interview. My student tour guide was sick, I was tired, and basically all tours seem the same to me no matter which school I'm at: here's the hospital, here's where classes are held, here's the children's hospital...

See you all there!

Weekend of March 31st!

So is this a reimbursed second look? Not that I would mind paying my way. I'm just so jealous of all the PhD candidates that get flown everywhere for free!

Yeah, does anyone know if Duke reimburses for airfare?

i am SO there! WOOOOOHOOOO!!

mmm... about the reimbursing...

The SNMA, The Davison Council, and the LGBT Student Organization have enlisted their memberships to host you while you are here as well. In this way, we hope to minimize the expenses you incur while attending this important event. The Second Look registration form will provide you with an opportunity to request a student host

I guess by minimize, they mean no...?

Hi All-

I might be going too! I found out about my acceptance just this morning from the Second Look letter - I haven't gotten my package yet. Yay!! I finally heard good news from another school :) :)