telly

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2005
Status
Medical Student
I've seen all the postings about Duke and I'm about to cancel my interviews. As I understand Duke has 2 FM programs. One is in Durham and one is in Fayetteville. Do they both have problems or is it just the Durham location?

med4

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2005
Status
telly said:
I've seen all the postings about Duke and I'm about to cancel my interviews. As I understand Duke has 2 FM programs. One is in Durham and one is in Fayetteville. Do they both have problems or is it just the Durham location?

Fayetteville is affiliated with Duke but does not share faculy. Their program director is very nice and the faculty is strong I would suggest keeping this interview but I would cancel the Duke (Durham interview)

Apollyon

Screw the GST
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2002
SCREW IT!
Interestingly, the Fayetteville FM program is the ONLY Duke residency not based at Duke. There are multiple programs that do rotations outside Duke, but the program at Fayetteville is the only one that is "affiliated".

OffDaRadar

10+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
The fayetville program is much more resident friendly and the hours are better, the pay is better, the cost of living is better and the atmosphere not malignant.

About the Ads