• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

shoe23

10+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi
I am filing for FAFSA this weekend and would like to include Duke. But my interview is schedule later this month and I couldn't find much information on Duke's Financial aid office website.
My question is that is Duke one of those schools that encourage you to submit FAFSA before receiving final decision?

I know that Columbia website tells people not to file until either 3/16 or acceptance letter while places like Tufts and Pitt want you to submit FAFSA ASAP.

Thanks! :)

shadoctor

10+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I started working on my financial aid stuff today as well. Im still waiting to hear back from a few schools that I interviewed at as well. Should I include those schools in my FAFSA?

Dr Durden

10+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2006
The Dirty South
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I would go ahead and send your FAFSA to all schools at which you've interviewed. Duke won't be releasing decisions until after March 7, but the financial aid deadline is March 31. I don't remember them saying anything about waiting until you have a thick envelope to file, and nothing on the flyer distributed on interview day mentions this either. File early; what's the worst the happens?

jwnduke

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 12, 2002
Chapel Hill, NC
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I just interviewed at Duke last week, and they told us to go ahead and do FAFSA now and to include duke. Good luck!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.