Duke Login site down?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MeBeans

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Tried to access it a few times today, but no luck.
Anyone else having trouble logging into their application website?

Members don't see this ad.

I had trouble logging in a few weeks ago. I e-mailed them. No response. Forgot about them until today when they e-mailed me saying that they're extending deadlines because of IT problems. I'll probably withdraw though. It's October, and I'm tired.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Office of Admissions at the Duke University School of Medicine would like to take this opportunity to thank you for considering DukeMed for your medical education.

We deeply apologize for any challenges you may have experienced with the technical operation of our secondary application. The staff which oversees the electronic process for the Office of Admissions has recognized the issues that have prevented us from distributing the secondary application as quickly as we would have liked as well as any problems you have be encountering accessing the DukeMed admissions portal. If you have not yet received your invitation to complete the Duke secondary application, delivery is imminent.

We deeply appreciate your patience and encourage you to complete your secondary application if you are still interested in attending DukeMed. We've heard your frustration and in response felt it would be helpful if we modified our application deadlines. The application deadlines have been changed and are posted to our website - www.dukemed.duke.edu (click the account login); the AMCAS Application Deadline is now December 15, 2006 and the Duke Secondary Application Deadline is now January 2, 2007. In addition, we will be increasing the maximum number of applicants on our on-campus interview days to accommodate students who wish to travel to Durham for their interviews and a dedicated alumni network is enthusiastic and graciously prepared to interview additional applicants at regional locations throughout the United States.

It seems their site is perpetually down...either that or RIDICULOUSLY slow. Been that way every night for the past week, I think.

Guy emailed me today after I requested assistance saying that the website is down and they will be working on it tonight and tommorrow. He said it should be up within the next day or two.

let's hope they give consolation interviews just for us who've been compulsively checking the duke website.