Duke LOR electronic submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ut_stephen

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody had their LORs sent in to Duke via electronic submission? On the website it says that they only take paper-copies, but I spoke with my advisors and they said that my school (UT) is part of a pilot program, and that everything should get through.

I was wondering if anybody else had their LORs sent in electronically to Duke and if everything got through ok.

Members don't see this ad.

man, i didnt even know that electronic lor submission existed...

My school is sending out LORs electronically, so when I saw Duke's message I sent a panicked email to the premed office secretary (who is so much more helpful than the actual advisor!). Anyway, she told me that Duke actually developed the LOR online submission platform we're using, which makes me wonder if Duke just hasn't updated their form letters to account for their own new technology. My letters were just uploaded earlier this week and I don't show as complete anywhere yet, but the premed office swears that Duke will accept my electronic LORs.

Sheesh. Is giving us accurate, non-contradictory information too much to ask?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I went to Duke and they only send electronic LOR's to every school except a few that refuse to accept them like Northwestern, UCSF, and a few others. So I'm pretty sure that my letters for Duke Med will be electronic...I dunno if they received it yet...even though its pretty silly because its the same darn campus and its via ethernet...

I would say its safe to assume other electronic letter services will be ok as well. but my suggestion is to call them and ask. Its the only way to know for sure.

My school also does electronic letters and I have a lot go through fine. My premed office said that 10 schools are sending electronic; it seems like it should make it much easier. Anyways, I requested them sent to Duke and supposedly they have been sent, I don't know if electronically or in the mail.