duke regional interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shoudygrille

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys and gals, I read on the duke website that people who have regional interviews have slightly higher acceptance rates. has anyone actually called and confirmed this with duke? it just seems like it should be the other way around. also, does the interview count that much for duke? also, also, is it true that the regional interview is closed file? i'm debating if i should go regional or not....

thanks in advance,
shoudy

Members don't see this ad.

If the financial and time committment of flying out to Durham will be too much of a burden, then go with the regional. From what I've learned, you'll be at no disadvantage statistically. However, if you're really interested in the school, I think you should make your interview a 2-way evaluation process. A regional interview will definitely present you with significantly less access to learn about the school. But on site, they're checking you out and you're checking them out at the same time. Hell yeah!

Good luck!

One more thing. If you decide on a regional, just send a private message to Omores. She's a Duke MS1 and an SDNer who did a regional last year. You can also PM Thewonderer. He's a Duke man as well. If on the other hand , you want a fellow applicant's (who interviewed at the school) impression of the place, give me a shout.