Duke secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jessica

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an e-mail earlier this month form Duke inviting me to complete their on-line supplemental. The only date I saw when I spead read the message was Dec 1 deadline. It was only after I re-read in detail that I noticed the message said "please complete and submit the supplemental app. within two weeks of receipt of this e-mail." Eek! The Dec. 1 date was a deadline for receipt of my supporting letters. Am I totally screwed if it has been two weeks + four days since the message was sent?? :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

I also didn't notice the 2 week deadline when I received the email. By the time I found out, the deadline had passed. I called the admissions office and they told me to submit the secondary as soon as possible. I ended up submitting about 3 weeks after I received the email.

I would just submit as soon as possible if I were you, even though the essays are pretty tough. It took almost 2 months after I submitted before receiving the interview invite from them.

duke's secondary SUCKS!!!!
arguably worst secondary out there.

but hopefully it will weed out a few and make it a little less competitive than it other top 10 counterparts that wanted only money.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dont worry that much about the deadline. Just make sure to turn it in within 2 weeks. i was a week late on my secondary, and it didn't really matter much. just make sure to turn it in within a reasonable time.

That second sentence should read: Just make sure to turn it in within a reasonable time after you recieve it.

Originally posted by choker:
•duke's secondary SUCKS!!!!
arguably worst secondary out there.

but hopefully it will weed out a few and make it a little less competitive than it other top 10 counterparts that wanted only money.•

:D I think it has weeded me out! :D

I received the email a LOOOOOONG time ago, and still haven't submitted the secondary. I haven't even started writing the essays, though I have finished providing most of the other info. I suppose it is too great a reach anyway. I have 5 more secondaries to complete. Maybe I will just send one out with each rejection I receive. Ya know, keep the cycle going. :)

Thanks for the feedback everyone. With all of the questions they ask on that secondary, you need a good month to finish them all. Do they think we have nothing to do but write essays??? I guess after finishing this one they will all seem like a breeze!

SwampMan - you are toooo funny :D