1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Duke secondary

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Jessica, Oct 23, 2001.

1. Jessica

Jessica Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I got an e-mail earlier this month form Duke inviting me to complete their on-line supplemental. The only date I saw when I spead read the message was Dec 1 deadline. It was only after I re-read in detail that I noticed the message said "please complete and submit the supplemental app. within two weeks of receipt of this e-mail." Eek! The Dec. 1 date was a deadline for receipt of my supporting letters. Am I totally screwed if it has been two weeks + four days since the message was sent?? :mad:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cali79

cali79 Member
    7+ Year Member

I also didn't notice the 2 week deadline when I received the email. By the time I found out, the deadline had passed. I called the admissions office and they told me to submit the secondary as soon as possible. I ended up submitting about 3 weeks after I received the email.

I would just submit as soon as possible if I were you, even though the essays are pretty tough. It took almost 2 months after I submitted before receiving the interview invite from them.

4. choker

choker Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

duke's secondary SUCKS!!!!
    arguably worst secondary out there.

but hopefully it will weed out a few and make it a little less competitive than it other top 10 counterparts that wanted only money.

5. Epi

Epi Fuzzy Tiger
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Dont worry that much about the deadline. Just make sure to turn it in within 2 weeks. i was a week late on my secondary, and it didn't really matter much. just make sure to turn it in within a reasonable time.

6. Epi

Epi Fuzzy Tiger
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    That second sentence should read: Just make sure to turn it in within a reasonable time after you recieve it.

7. THE instiGATOR

THE instiGATOR Cow Tipper
    7+ Year Member

:D I think it has weeded me out! :D

I received the email a LOOOOOONG time ago, and still haven't submitted the secondary. I haven't even started writing the essays, though I have finished providing most of the other info. I suppose it is too great a reach anyway. I have 5 more secondaries to complete. Maybe I will just send one out with each rejection I receive. Ya know, keep the cycle going. :)

8. Jessica

Jessica Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks for the feedback everyone. With all of the questions they ask on that secondary, you need a good month to finish them all. Do they think we have nothing to do but write essays??? I guess after finishing this one they will all seem like a breeze!

SwampMan - you are toooo funny :D